Finally I get to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyer

Reaction score
I have waited 10 days for my grain to get delivered and months for the weather to warm up in NY. It was 67 degrees here today it feels like the warmest day in 5 years. Winters are long and cold here, you would have to live here to understand. I got out of work early today to brew Edworts rye IPA. I couldn't wait to brew, it's been several months since the last one. I got home shortly after 4pm and discovered that UPS didn't show up. I was pissed and called to see what was going on since my order said it was supposed to be here today. I had everything set up and started heating the water hoping he would show up. I was really bummed so I started drinking a few IPA's while sitting in front of my garage like an old fart. (No offense to old farts, I'm turnign 40 Sunday) My wife was laughing at me because I was determined to sit outside until the UPS driver showed. He finally showed up and I ran down the driveway to meet him ( I seriously ran to him and told him he was my hero, I wonder if it was the beer talking?) Anyway I started brewing and drinking of course and screwed up the hop schedule by adding a 60 minute addition at 90 minutes: drunk:, oh well, I'm sure it will be great. Tonight has been the best night I've had in at least 5-6 months. We cooked on the grill, I'm brewing and I'm sitting outside drinking. It doesn't matter that tomorrow will be raining And 40. Tonight is perfect. I drank a Troegs Nugget Nector, Ithaca Flower Power, Great Divide Titan IPA, Cooperstown Old Slugger IPA, a 20 oz. Apfelwein and a Cooperstown Strike Out Stout. Can life get any better? Only if I didn't have to work tomorrow, I still have 45 minutes left in the boil and cleanup. Maybe I'll sleep in the garage. God I love brewing beer. When I'm brewing I feel like it's what I was supposed to do, it's really weird but it feels natural. I think I should call in sick tomorrow.:rockin:

Awesome!! I bet it's great to get back into it!! While the weather's warm maybe you can get a good set of long johns at a discount so you can brew in the cold next winter!

I find that too much drinking during brewing makes me forget to do stuff but to each his own. Congrats on the brew day. It will be beer. :)

Awesome!! I bet it's great to get back into it!! While the weather's warm maybe you can get a good set of long johns at a discount so you can brew in the cold next winter!

I tried brewing in the cold, I lost about 2 gallons during the boil. Unntil I figure that out I don't want to do it again.

Brewed all winter in central NH. It was cold and lots of snow.
Long johns were a must. See us at Minus33.com if you need some
Rolled out the 20 gallon boil kettle and rolled it back inside after the boil.

Back