Finally, a brew stand!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webgodhog

Reaction score
I’ve been brewing for about 3 years now and I would say that about everything I’ve learned came from this forum. The only way that I can express my thanks is by bragging about my own stand I just recently built to make my own move to all-grain.

The painted stand with the plate chiller mounted must easier than I thought I didn't anticipate how heavy they can be. The last thing I need to get is some wood for the shelves. I designed it to have 3 pots, but didn’t want to spend the extra $$ for the pots at first. I will have to elevate the MLT to get the ball valve high enough.

2012-01-23 13.26.27_post.jpg

2012-01-23 13.32.02_post.jpg

lookin good!
how much did the stand cost you? i want a simple gravity stand, but haven't had a chance to price anything out yet

I got very lucky in that my boss has all the welding equipment and agreed to help if I provide him with some of the tasty product! We went to a scrap yard and haggled the metal down to $50 and the casters were $3 each at Harbor Freight.

It was my first time to weld...... so I made sure to not give highly detailed images, or else you'd see how bad my welding is. Still, I can jump on it all I want and it holds. :ban:

I decided to go with the gravity stand for the simplicity of it all and not wanting to have any losses in the lines going to\from a pump. I also plan to batch sparge to speed things up too. Hopefully I'll give this thing a test run this weekend.

Back