Final Decision Is The Brew Boss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gvitag

Reaction score
After several months searching the internet, this forum and others like it trying to decide what system to purchase to make my jump back into the brewing hobby, the decision was made. I so wanted one of those Electric Brewery Systems I had myself fooled into thinking I could build one. I set out to secure some old beer kegs, then started making a list of parts I needed to convert them to keggles. After seeing so many others build systems like Kal's I knew I could do it as well. Started pricing the parts for the panel build and realized I was in over my head in more ways than one. First was the time. I am a self employed business owner with very little extra time on my hands. Where was I going to find the extra time to build the entire system, electronic panel included, as well as running the electric and water? Second was the panel build. Who did I think I was when I thought I could do this? While I could probably make it happen, it would have cost me more time again and countless nights not sleeping. When I get my mind set on something I rarely give up until it is done. Third was the money. How the hell could I justify spending the kind of money on a system like that for my needs? I would never have the need to brew any more than 10 gallons at a time. If I do, I'll upgrade my kettle sizes.

So while adding up all the costs. The system. The wiring and little electrical parts that needed to go with it...............along with all the little things like sanitizer, hydrometer, utensils, kegs, tap, a keezer, hoses, fittings.....the list keeps going. It would have been years before I had enough money and time to get a sip of my sweet brew. That was when I stumbled upon an electrical system that I knew I could afford and could have up and running in no time. That system was the Brew-Boss. I ordered it, it came, I wired it, plumbed it and did a successful wet run last night. What an absolutely fool proof system made by a very helpful gentleman Darin.

Cant wait to post pictures and videos along with the results of my first brew. A brew that I was turned onto by one of guys here. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f66/centennial-blonde-simple-4-all-grain-5-10-gall-42841/

If anybody is on the fence on a system or wants an upgrade I would highly recommend taking a good hard look at what your needs really are and before deciding on what you want. Then take a look at the www.brew-boss.com page.

Just my 2 cents and cheers!

Back