Final attempt please let me know

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagicLarry

Reaction score
summeralefinal1.jpg
[/IMG]

Britishbrown.jpg
[/IMG]

WinterAle1.jpg
[/IMG]

i really dig the fact that the crow doesnt change. i'd like to do something similar with mine so the central figure in the label remains the same, helping friends/customers recognize your brews. Very crisp label too. and simple. very nice.

looks very nice.. what program did you use make them? Im tryin to use GIMP but i know nothing about how to use it...and im getting frustrated i cant figure any of it out.

I think the 2nd would look better if the clock tower was just a silhouette, without the clock face. Also on the 2nd I can't tell if it's dithering but the crow and the clock tower don't have clean edges where they join with the red cross. So long as it prints nice there is nothing to worry about though.

looks very nice.. what program did you use make them? Im tryin to use GIMP but i know nothing about how to use it...and im getting frustrated i cant figure any of it out.

Hey, thanks for all the positive feed back, I use GIMP. Learning the program was just trial and error. The best way to learn it would be open a picture in the program and just mess around with it (filters, colors etc). Just remember Ctrl+z is your best friend.

I like! If I saw these on a shelf at the beer store I'd definitely pick them up and give them a once over.

Solid, except for the Curlz font. The typography snob in me vomits every time I see it.

ditto.

I love the concepts, but the fonts on the first and third need work. I'm a graphic designer by trade, if you need some creds. ;D

The bird is a great constant and I really dig the first two, the use of the flag with the cityscape works great and is subtle enough to be interesting. Nice work.

Solid, except for the Curlz font. The typography snob in me vomits every time I see it.

The more I look at it the more I agree with you. Your labels are pretty sweet, do you have a suggestion for a holiday type font? Can't find a better one in Gimp.

Back