Fight Club - THE MOVIE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just putting the "THE MOVIE" disclaimer out there before I get a "... or GTFO" message. I'm talking about the actual movie.

I just remembered this and thought it was f'd up...

I've seen Fight Club about 10 times... but never saw the ending. For some reason I had NEVER seen the ending, even though I know the first 75% almost by heart.

The whole split personality thing with Tyler??? Nope... never saw it. had NO idea it was coming when I actually watched Fight Club IN ITS ENTIRETY the other day. Totally floored. Had no clue.

That's insane, dude. How could you have seen it 10 times but never all the way thru? It's like not seeing the end of the sixth sense...

Ha.

Gave a whole new perspective on the movie didn't it? And you thot it was eff'ed to begin with. Suddenly, all the flashes throughout the movie had context.

Did you watch through the credits too, to see what the guy with the thing?

That's insane, dude. How could you have seen it 10 times but never all the way thru? It's like not seeing the end of the sixth sense...

yeah, well... I know that... NOW.

I don't know, just EVERY freakin' time I went to watch it something came up or I feel asleep... something.. I had just never seen the end.

Then I was watching it the other day and thinking, "Hmmm... I wonder how this actually ends"

To say I was surprised is an understatement. Now I'm pissed I've gone THIS freakin' long without seeing the end. Whatta schmuck I am.

That totally defeats the purpose of watching it again. Now you have to watch it a 12th time while thinking of the ending!

I know it...

BUT YEAH!!! I'm thinking back going "Ahhhhh... ok... that makes sense!" but I NEVER saw it coming... never. I had NO idea... not even a hint as to anything remotely related to the ending.

I saw Apocalypse Now a few times on HBO way back in the day and for whatever reason I always missed the beginning scenes where he is going crazy in the hotel room in Saigon. Those scenes totally set the tone for the entire movie and I was floored when I finally saw the movie from start to finish and realized what I had been missing.

I know it...

BUT YEAH!!! I'm thinking back going "Ahhhhh... ok... that makes sense!" but I NEVER saw it coming... never. I had NO idea... not even a hint as to anything remotely related to the ending.

I had read the book and was surprised by the ending, but it was a book and it was a lot easier to pull that off. When I heard they were making a movie I had No Idea how they were going to manage it. I was pleasantly surprised with the effectiveness of the adaptation.

Oh, I thought it was great... it was just a complete and total shock. Think about NOT know the ending for... years.

His apartment blowing up?? Seen it 20 times.
Them making soap... the beginning of the club... "The first rule... "... seen it all a bunch of times...
Tyler sleepin' with Marla... seen it a bunch of times...

And NOT knowing how it ended??

It's crazy.

You know what always gets me about Fight Club - that I'm watching a $100 Million movie that champions antiestablishmentarianism. Talk about ironic. The movie wouldn't be possible without the capitalist power structure that it professes to be evil.

Or maybe it's really pointing out that true antiestablishment types are total wackjobs, and the only ironic joke is the one on all the Fight Club fans that think tyler durden is their hero.

"If the gun is in your hand, the gun is in my hand"

"Not my head, OUR head!"

this movie never gets old... You should watch the end of Braveheart, they kill Mel!!!

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

The village is actually part of a nature preserve.

Donnie is trying to correct the universe so he can die.

Snape kills Dumbledore.

spoiler-t-shirt.jpg

Bruce Willis was a ghost the whole time, She's actually a dude, Rosebud was the sled, Neo is the One, the Titanic hits an iceberg, it was Earth all along, Darth vader is luke's father, Verbal is Keyser Soze, it's her head in the box, jack freezes to death, they're the same guy, John Coffrey didn't commit the murders, alien motherships can get viruses, Teddy is J.G, the people in the house are the others, norman had a split personality, Orange is a cop, Mr. Glass caused all the accidents, Walter Sparrow was Fingerling, aliens forgot that earth is 80% water, he drills his own brain out, space baby, doug was on the roof the entire time, the tape has the conversation with his dead daughter on it, Deckard is a replicant, they take his freedom in quarters, the ship came back from hell, Snape kills Dumbledore, Your Princess is in Another Castle, He knew he wasn't really Don Juan, Everything after the night club was a dream, Freddy isn't really dead, It was all in Bateman's head, Quaid's been to Mars before, Lomax is not just an attorney he's the son of the devil, Mufasa dies, Ducard is really Ra's al Ghul.

Now you never have to watch a movie the whole way through again.

If you actually Want spoilers, The Movie Spoiler is a good, albeit visually unpleasant from a web design standpoint, website that has detailed movie summaries and a growing archive. It is good for when you see an ad for a movie you never want to see in the theater, but the trailer is intriguing enough for you to wonder what the heck is going on or have a bet going as to what the twist is going to be.

if you think the end of fightclub is f'ed up, try reading invisible monsters, survivor, or pigmy all by Chuck P and all really f'ed up.

Doug's on the roof! HA haven't laughed that hard in a while.

B

Back