FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheesefood said:
Brady plays the Jets.
Braylon and Jamal Lewis play Buffalo.
LT plays Detroit

Brady and Moss are about to set a record for single-player touchdowns.

Yahoo is predicted a 33 point blow-out over Dude. I'd be SHOCKED if my team didn't end up in the play-offs. I think I just about have the horse-power to take down Bird.
It looks like NE's air attack was shut down today, but... your 'little' running backs had monster days.

And to make matters worse, my QB and #1 WR put up crappy numbers, while the Turtles had great shows by Parker and Gerrard.

I see my playoff chances blowing away in the wind. :(

I am going to need a huge day out of the always-questionable Plaxico Burress to stay in this.

4:00 games are getting started, 1:00's are wrapping up:

screen.jpg

Or just let Kitna keep getting intercepted enough times to bring Dude's points down.

EDIT: Watching the Boys play. I wish Jessica Simpson would wear my number.

Walker-san said:
I see my playoff chances blowing away in the wind. :(

I am going to need a huge day out of the always-questionable Plaxico Burress to stay in this.

Think about this: You have MIN's D, Dude has Chicago's D. The Bears stink. They're starting Kyle Orton, who's best play is the hand-off. C-bens is out for the season. MIN should have an easy time containing the Bears, but not necessarily vice-versa.

Dude said:
As long as Walker loses, I think I'm still in.

That's right.

If I lose, you are in, I am out.
If I win, you are out, I am in.
If you win, we are both in.

I have Min DEF, you have Chi DEF. We're both trailing in our games by 25 or 30 points right now.

So, I don't care which side of the ball it happens on, but I need one or both of these defensive squads to start shredding the asses of the opposing offense.

-walker

Sorry to hear this came down guys. I ran a forum a loonngg time ago and this stuff happens. I'm sure as a group you guys did the right thing and it wasn't an easy decision for a long-timer. I'm sure there was some PM'ing going on that took it over the top.

Slightly off-topic but do we know where FFB / makingitgood stands? He's got some "trash talk" on his profile and he is in the playoffs...

DesertBrew said:
Slightly off-topic but do we know where FFB / makingitgood stands? He's got some "trash talk" on his profile and he is in the playoffs...

Well, his "trash talk" notwithstanding, I do believe that if he finishes in the top three, he should still get his beers, but that's prolly a topic for the FFB thread. Fair's Fair, right?

BTW, +1 for giving kudos to the mods. Glad it's your job, not mine.

DesertBrew said:

As far as I'm concerned, his team is in the playoffs and he's going to continue to play. Nothing changes

rdwj said:
As far as I'm concerned, his team is in the playoffs and he's going to continue to play. Nothing changes

Yep, I agree. Just wasn't sure if he communicated to any of the FFB peeps.

Help me out here- tell me how many beers I'll be sending out? I'm going to keg for the first time, and I think I'll prime and bottle whatever I'm going to need to send out when I fill the kegs. I have two kinds of beer that will be ready. I think that it'll be better to do that, because I'm not sure how well I'll bottle from the keg.

So, let me know- I thought it was a 6er for first? And then one for the other playoff teams? Thanks!

YooperBrew said:
Help me out here- tell me how many beers I'll be sending out? I'm going to keg for the first time, and I think I'll prime and bottle whatever I'm going to need to send out when I fill the kegs. I have two kinds of beer that will be ready. I think that it'll be better to do that, because I'm not sure how well I'll bottle from the keg.

So, let me know- I thought it was a 6er for first? And then one for the other playoff teams? Thanks!

6 total -

Overall winner - 3 beers (12 oz bottle) from ALL players in the league
The three remaining PLAYOFF teams get 1 beer from ALL players in the league

First post of the thread :D

Playoff roster shake-up!!!

I benched Kitna and signed Bulger. I'm sick of Kitna's ineptness, so I'm hoping for some 1 week Bulger un-iniptness. ;)

I also just got a TE to replace Shockey. the guy I picked up actually has more points than Shockey did.

Bird, you go down this week!!!!!!!!

Glad I'm out of this with Parker breaking his leg. Ouch! Didn't see the game of course though ;).

rdwj said:
6 total -

Overall winner - 3 beers (12 oz bottle) from ALL players in the league
The three remaining PLAYOFF teams get 1 beer from ALL players in the league

First post of the thread :D

What!! I can't get anything for winning the losers bracket? That's an outrage.
:D :D :mug:

woulda, coulda, shoulda.....

It's you and me Bird! May the best team win

One other suggestion for next year.

Championship should be in week 16. Week 17 is too quirky; there's always a handful of games that turn into glorified exhibitions either because teams are completely out of the playoffs or because their seedings are locked in and they play their starters for a couple quarters (if at all). TO's out next week; would he play if the Cowboys hadn't locked up the #1 spot? Will Brady play all game? It's the single most important week of the season for fantasy purposes, yet the "real" teams often treat it like preseason.

I would agree- Tony Romo is probably going to sit out most of the game to "preserve" him. Last week would have been better for the real championship.

the_bird said:
One other suggestion for next year.

Championship should be in week 16. Week 17 is too quirky; there's always a handful of games that turn into glorified exhibitions either because teams are completely out of the playoffs or because their seedings are locked in and they play their starters for a couple quarters (if at all). TO's out next week; would he play if the Cowboys hadn't locked up the #1 spot? Will Brady play all game? It's the single most important week of the season for fantasy purposes, yet the "real" teams often treat it like preseason.

I agree with that too.

Todd, I was going to propose that we call this thing a tie and split the pot - but since you're projected to win this damn thing by what, forty points, I guess I better just prepare my concession speech!

Dammit, so many of my key guys are likely to get limited PT; Moss, TO, Addai, Antonio Gates, Fred Taylor's Groin... feck, this is gonna get ugly...

the_bird said:
Todd, I was going to propose that we call this thing a tie and split the pot - but since you're projected to win this damn thing by what, forty points, I guess I better just prepare my concession speech!

Dammit, so many of my key guys are likely to get limited PT; Moss, TO, Addai, Antonio Gates, Fred Taylor's Groin... feck, this is gonna get ugly...

40 points? Holy crap... I guess the Yahoo brainiacs haven't seen Frank Gore and Thomas Jones play this season.

Wow- congrats Todd! Winning FFB is great. And congrats to the other play-off teams, too.

The four top guys, please PM me your address so I can get your beer out to you. I'm kegging now, so I might bottle a few and hold on to them a week and try them to make sure they stay carbonated before shipping them off to you. I'll try the BMBF method. So, it might be a couple of weeks before you get them. Let me know your choices, too, if you have a preference for a special type. Most of stuff I have is in my signature. If you'd rather have a little bottle of wine instead of a bottle of beer, those are mostly listed in my signature too. Just let me know.

Again, congrats to you all!

Congrats, Todd!

I can't say that it's not a little disappointing, though... four guys who didn't play, plus Addai and Favre only played a bit... but hell, those are the breaks!

Great job picking up Peterson, BTW! Might I wager that he'll be the first overall pick in next year's draft? ;)

Yep congrats all you winners. I'll be sending a bottle of prickly pear mead to the winners. Todd_K; if you don't want 3x of mead let me know and I'll replace 2 with some local brewery stuff. Either that or you get to see how this stuff ages after a year or two :).

Beware the yeast sediment on the bottom all. There's not much there but is nasty. Pour carefully. (need to rack to a 2nd tertiary I've learned).

Congrats Todd! I'll need your address too. Can mods PM more than one person at once? If so, if one of you can be the point person for addresses and send them to the rest of us, that would be very helpful.

Thanks for playing everyone. Please make sure to pay your debts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back