FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me that Boston will be VERY quiet from now on.

4 Tuddys? 199 Rushing Yards? 16 Receiving?

Yeah, PERFECT timing for the trade.

So, wait, LT was a single yard away from ANOTHER 10 point "bonus" :rolleyes:

Farkin' A, Boston... Why didn't anyone else vote against that trade? :mad:

the_bird said:

Here's what's funny...that joke trade we offered would have kicked ass for both of us. Braylon had a big day, as did Stover.

Cheesefood said:
Here's what's funny...that joke trade we offered would have kicked ass for both of us. Braylon had a big day, as did Stover.

Well, Brady would have been better for me than Stover for you! Moss did OK, but was the third-best receiver on the team. Oh well, I'll still take Randy, he ALMOST has one of those only-Randy catches today.

Damn, you've got a might good-looking team right now... freakin' Brady and LT? Larry Johnson comin' back strong...

Bernie - I think I would have done the same freakin' thing; sacrifce a week to not give up any of those players. Funny thing is, Chicago gave up more than 30 points again, and was virtually all your scoring; take those points out, you would have scored what, like an 8.0?

I'm listening to offers for TO, BTW.

the_bird said:

You only get the bonus once

You sure about that? I thought Kevin Curtis got it twice on his monster, 3-TD, 220 yard day. I *think* he got close to sixty points that day.

the_bird said:

Actually, I don't think those keep stacking up. 1 bonus when you break 100 yards, and that's it.

Scores going into Monday night:

screen.jpg

Come on guys, this is just a silly game. Some of you take this stuff too seriously. Cheese, you made out great on the trade, I'm an idiot, but why be a dick about it? Your team may score 200 points a week but you'll still be a ********* in my book. Oh, one more thing, why don't you leave Yoop alone, show a little class. Rant over.

Boston said:
Come on guys, this is just a silly game. Some of you take this stuff too seriously. Cheese, you made out great on the trade, I'm an idiot, but why be a dick about it? Your team may score 200 points a week but you'll still be a ********* in my book. Oh, one more thing, why don't you leave Yoop alone, show a little class. Rant over.

Beat me to it. I just love a gracious winner.:rolleyes:

Cheese, namecalling is not cool, I apologize. I hadn't had my morning coffee yet.

Trash talking is a time-honored part of Fantasy Football. We’re all big boys (and girls) and should be able to take getting out noses rubbed in it when we do something that warrants ridicule or when we get beat. That is part of the fun.

I agree with rdwj, if you can't handle smack-talking, you ought not be playing FFB. That's 99% of the fun. The beer's almost incidental - PRIDE is on the line ;)

I have no problem with a little trash talk.

Hells bells, I could have carried Cheese's wife on my shoulders and ran for 200 yards/2 TDs against the Raiders.

Boston said:
I have no problem with a little trash talk.

Hells bells, I could have carried Cheese's wife on my shoulders and ran for 200 yards/2 TDs against the Raiders.

I ain't mad atcha. Trash Talking is what FFB is all about, right?

Cheesefood said:
How did I lose 2 pts over night?

What's up with these weird overnight adjustments?

I assessed you a 2 point fine for excessive trash-talk. :D

A big middle finger to the 4 teams who voted against me this week!

Only give the trash-talk if you can take the trash-talk....

todd_k said:

First of all, where the hell have you been? Second of all, congrats on a big win yesterday. Thirdly, why do you give a rat's a$$ who did or didn't vote for your team? Some give it careful consideration, some don't.

todd_k said:

Yea, look at those numbers from the competition. that's some ugly performances right there. And WTF is it with all week the raiders saying jordan won't play so I pick up his backup and then Jordan plays (although he only got 8.8). I should have played Willie Parker and he was on bye. :(

I spaced it in noticing you had Peterson. You've been riding that one haven't ya. Which would you have preferred, the Chicao win or you beating my arse? Oh, and there should be some sort of exception to FFB where Hester can be something. That guy is 1/2 the Bears offense as a kick returner.

Roddy's coming through for me tonight. Some sort of all time NFL record :rolleyes:
argh.jpg

Boston said:
First of all, where the hell have you been? Second of all, congrats on a big win yesterday. Thirdly, why do you give a rat's a$$ who did or didn't vote for your team? Some give it careful consideration, some don't.

I've been lurking....... traveling too much, taking a couple classes, can't surf the internet at work anyway.....(Dave!). It all adds up to me "disappearing" as someone else put it.
I don't really care who does and doesn't vote for my team, it's just funny to me.

DesertBrew said:
Yea, look at those numbers from the competition. that's some ugly performances right there. And WTF is it with all week the raiders saying jordan won't play so I pick up his backup and then Jordan plays (although he only got 8.8). I should have played Willie Parker and he was on bye. :(

I spaced it in noticing you had Peterson. You've been riding that one haven't ya. Which would you have preferred, the Chicao win or you beating my arse? Oh, and there should be some sort of exception to FFB where Hester can be something. That guy is 1/2 the Bears offense as a kick returner.

Roddy's coming through for me tonight. Some sort of all time NFL record :rolleyes:
View attachment 2979

Peterson has been my savior since Gore hasn't shown up this year. Actually, most of our first round picks haven't shown up this year. But how the hell do I get 22 points out of a defense that gives up 25?

todd_k said:
Peterson has been my savior since Gore hasn't shown up this year. Actually, most of our first round picks haven't shown up this year. But how the hell do I get 22 points out of a defense that gives up 25?

We need to refine the defense model for next year. It's just kinda strange but we all live in the same boat.

A wee bit off topic from FFB but I'll say it. Hey Pats fans, you have a force to be reckoned with. Damn good team. Too lazy to check, do you have a regular season game against Indy? That "may" be your only competition out there.

DesertBrew said:
A wee bit off topic from FFB but I'll say it. Hey Pats fans, you have a force to be reckoned with. Damn good team. Too lazy to check, do you have a regular season game against Indy? That "may" be your only competition out there.

Yeah, it's coming up in three weeks, at Indy. THAT will be a game. I have all the respect in the world for Indy; I have no doubt that the Pats can win that game, but it won't surprise me in the least if they don't. Indy's a damn good team.

Cheesefood said:
How did I lose 2 pts over night?

What's up with these weird overnight adjustments?

Yahoo's stats during the games are not official and they get adjusted after the "real" stats come in from the NFL.

Don't complain about losing 2 points overnight. When you played me earlier, you GAINED 8 points overnight or some crap like that. :)

I just noticed that the Jeeps won their first game of the year and are no longer in last place. (With apologies to Dave's team) Way to go OllllO!

anyone else having trouble with Yahoo's site when you try to sort free agents, search for a certain position, etc.... Also, why must Yahoo insist on sorting by their own projection rankings first and then you have to sort it by actual points to find the highest scoring player?

Yahoo has rejected our reality and substituted it with it's own. I vote for a new site next year.

todd_k said:
anyone else having trouble with Yahoo's site when you try to sort free agents, search for a certain position, etc.... Also, why must Yahoo insist on sorting by their own projection rankings first and then you have to sort it by actual points to find the highest scoring player?

Yahoo has rejected our reality and substituted it with it's own. I vote for a new site next year.

+1

Yahoo dropped my survival changes and so went I.
Part of the Yahoo reality is that you spell it Yahoo!. And what about this pay for stats thing and they're not even right.

olllllo said:
+1

Yahoo dropped my survival changes and so went I.
Part of the Yahoo reality is that you spell it Yahoo!. And what about this pay for stats thing and they're not even right.

Next year maybe we should do a hardcore pay league, with real software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back