FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DesertBrew said:
Come on east-coasters. It's only 12:10a over there; you can keep trash talking a little while longer. I'm enjoying the show. And sleep is over-rated anyways.

Actually, I'm just waiting, Jester indicated earlier that he and Red might be posting some new pics later on tonight ;)

Wow- I went to sleep and missed out on all the fun! Nice avatar, Walker BTW.

RDWJ- I'd be up for a trade, maybe. Let me look and see how I can possibly improve my team. I've got at least one to unload today.

Yooper Chick said:
Nice avatar, Walker BTW.

Thanks. I'm rather fond of the tagline above it. Bird failed to specify one for me, so I'm taking liberties until he decides what he wants there.

screen.jpg

I don't mind, really. If you want to keep whining, go right ahead. I think I've had better luck getting my daughter to quit whimpering, though; maybe she can reason with you.

Funny thing - teams have tried to steal signals for years and years and years. Bill Simmons mentioned in a recent column how he was watching an old Favre game when they were playing I think the 49ers, and Favre was giving some commentary. They knew the 49ers had been stealing their signals, so they made adjustments - fake calls, etc. They dealt. The world didn't end, football didn't lose all of its credibility because tried to steal signals.

The Pats broke the rules, I'm disappointed. They're losing a freakin' first round draft pick, which one might equate to losing our starting running back. If you REALLY think that the only reason they have had success over the years has been that "they're a bunch of cheaters, dammit," well, there's no reasoning with you. Screw it, think what you want to think. All the venemous hate that's being directed at the Pats does nothing more than unite the team, them against the world; while I don't expect they'll go 16-0, it wouldn't shock me if they did.

I *know* you're not naive enough to think that the Patriots are the only team that's bent/broken these rules... are you?

EDIT: Maybe you should start rooting for the Packers or something this year... you seem to have some unresolved issues that maybe rooting for a GOOD team might help alleviate ;)

*sigh*

I've been trying very hard to get you to throw a tantrum all week, and I guess this is as close as I'm going to get. Fooey.

Pick the tagline, man....

the_bird said:
I don't mind, really. If you want to keep whining, go right ahead. I think I've had better luck getting my daughter to quit whimpering, though; maybe she can reason with you.

Funny thing - teams have tried to steal signals for years and years and years. Bill Simmons mentioned in a recent column how he was watching an old Favre game when they were playing I think the 49ers, and Favre was giving some commentary. They knew the 49ers had been stealing their signals, so they made adjustments - fake calls, etc. They dealt. The world didn't end, football didn't lose all of its credibility because tried to steal signals.

The Pats broke the rules, I'm disappointed. They're losing a freakin' first round draft pick, which one might equate to losing our starting running back. If you REALLY think that the only reason they have had success over the years has been that "they're a bunch of cheaters, dammit," well, there's no reasoning with you. Screw it, think what you want to think. All the venemous hate that's being directed at the Pats does nothing more than unite the team, them against the world; while I don't expect they'll go 16-0, it wouldn't shock me if they did.

I *know* you're not naive enough to think that the Patriots are the only team that's bent/broken these rules... are you?

EDIT: Maybe you should start rooting for the Packers or something this year... you seem to have some unresolved issues that maybe rooting for a GOOD team might help alleviate ;)

Cheesefood said:
This sucks. 5th highest score in the league, and nearly in last place.

"5th highest score" sounds pretty good..... except when you add the context that there are only 12 teams.

Walker-san said:
"5th highest score" sounds pretty good..... except when you add the context that there are only 12 teams.

Still sounds like I should have at least 1 win.

10th worst in points here and ranked 6th at .500. It's all about the matchups and apparently I'm in for a losing streak soon :eek:.

Game on this weekend BernieMcGipper! I don't care if anyone votes for me; you're going DOWN this weekend. Bottom of the Lake with Ya! ;)

(PS - I voted against me too.)

Bernie Brewer said:
Hmmmm, sounds like a wager in the making, no matter who you voted for!!!!:)

More trash talk than anything :eek:. I may wager on occasion but betting on this game would be like expecting to win Powerball with a $1 ticket.

Who has Travis Henry? Looks as if he may be suspended for the year?

rdwj said:
Who has Travis Henry? Looks as if he may be suspended for the year?

Don't believe the hype Bernie. Keep him in your lineup. They're just playing mind games with the Chargers.

And I am an IDIOT for not starting Ward ths week.

I blame all of this on Dude and Boston. They dragged me out drinking yesterday and I didn't get to finalize my team properly.

The hot water might feel pretty good, when we have home games late in January. Prolly not so much an issue in Cincinnati this year, eh?

DAMN! Anyone watchin that NY vs NY game?

That catch by Burress was worth probably 22 points for me.

DesertBrew said:
More trash talk than anything :eek:. I may wager on occasion but betting on this game would be like expecting to win Powerball with a $1 ticket.

64-32. You're doubling up on me. Better run, don't walk, out and buy that Powerball ticket. Get one for me while you're at it. Yeesh!

Grogan's Heroes
Really Rottens

Watch Live with StatTracker
Angry Pirates
Dave's Drunkies

Win1More4TheGipper
DesertSwarm

Yooper's Losers
The Soft Teddy Bears

Jeepshot Artists
makingitgood

SkullSplitters Redux
Casa de Dude

Looks like Griese may have given me a victory tonight!

Check the high score of the week on the bottom.

ffb.jpg
Might have to change your name to the hard teddy bears. :ban:

I already thought of the irony. If I beat Yoop tonight, The Raging Hard-ons will make their debut next week.

DesertBrew said:
Check the high score of the week on the bottom.

View attachment 2878
Might have to change your name to the hard teddy bears. :ban:

Looks like my new name may have brough me luck. Or it's just that I'm going up against the only person who can match my suckiness.

Frank Gore is going to end up costing me at some point...... but not this week!!!! :ban:

Bernie Brewer said:
64-32. You're doubling up on me. Better run, don't walk, out and buy that Powerball ticket. Get one for me while you're at it. Yeesh!

Yea, I did beat you didn't I; and no I didn't go get me a powerball ticket :( ;)

Yoop, i offer my congrats to you. You beat me by .08 points. Tony Romo. 5 pics and a FUM and he still netted you 24 or so points. Ain't right. But congrats again.

Boston said:
Yoop, i offer my congrats to you. You beat me by .08 points. Tony Romo. 5 pics and a FUM and he still netted you 24 or so points. Ain't right. But congrats again.

Um, thanks, I think.

I agree with you. When I was watching the game last night, I kept thinking, "I'm so screwed with 5 INTs" (I don't have stat tracker). This morning I saw the score and think you got gypped.

I thought I'd get more points out of Julius Jones, though.

So, you can't be the raging hard-ons? I still think that's a good name for you!

I finally won a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoops, you're next. You're going down (but not till after I win at FFB).

Cheesefood said:
I finally won a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoops, you're next. You're going down (but not till after I win at FFB).

Should we have a friendly little wager? Winner picks the loser's team name for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back