Festabrew D-Oatmeal Stout from 1.050 to 1.019.. stuck fermentation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauvafr

Reaction score
I did it with S33 yeast. Just like the kit asked, but I rehydrated two S33 packs instead of one. Aerated well.. Fermented at 63 degrees for the first 3-4 days.

When I saw fermentation was stucked to about 1.019 (after about 10 days), I tried adding some yeast nutrient. Moved the thing to 22 celcius room for more than 10 days now.

No activity at all right now, 23 days total in the fermenter. What can I do? Rack it in secondary with another S33 pack? Bottle? At least it taste great.

4.1% for a stout.. seems a bit dull to me.

Need more info. Was this an extract or all grain brew? If all grain, what did you mash at? If extract, what type of extract was used? An ingredient list will help.

Dark LME is notorious for not finishing out (so I have heard)

I believe I had a similar issue but mine started at 1.067 and ended at 1.030 and it is oddly damn delicious. I had dark LME, dark steeping grains, and basically acidic additions and not enough sugars to ferment out. I pitched 3 packages of US05 and nothing. I did everything I could to unstick fermentation but it just turned out. So good in fact, I will re-brew and actually hope for stuck fermentation.

What was your OG and can you list your recipe.

Festabrew kits are from all grain wort. Specs stated are OG: 1.0545 – 1.0550, FG: 1.0196 – 1.0211. It's about 60 to 64% attenuation.

Well, even if my OG was a mere 1.050, since I am at about 1.019, I still have about 61% attenuation and I'm in the FG range stated.

I think I will bottle.

Back