Fermzilla 2 Conical 7.1gal- Reviews Wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How’s your replacement holding up? I had to email keg land and morebeer about my lid. I hand tightened the carb cap with plenty of lube and could still hear it leaking from there. When I unscrewed the cap, it took a bunch of the plastic threads with it. I know it wasn’t cross threaded either since i was extremely careful with it. Not sure how I feel about this design since it looks like this area could easily just keep failing.

I have also the new unit. There are several issues I have, but one of them is that the stainless steel caps *have a different thread!* than the plasic cover! They Do Not Fit. I could not get mine to stop leaking (very badly) even when I tied them down real hard, by hand. If you would use a tool, you will destroy the thread (which you did).
I made an emergency fix (while brewing) by inserting a fat O-ring inside the steel caps, so it now seals *before* the thread locks up. (I was lucky to have a box of O-rings at hand)
I find it unbelievable that they supplied incompatible parts with the unit.

The other issue I have is that the unit I have collapses onto the stand, the plastic bottom is *way to thin* to hold the (currently 40 liter) batch without getting very badly pressed in at the steel support. The 55 Liter unit made of way thinner material than my previous FermentoSaurus.
I wonder if this is a manufactury fault of my unit?? Does anybody else find it is extremely thin and soft?

Fermenter4-B.jpg

I have also the new unit. There are several issues I have, but one of them is that the stainless steel caps *have a different thread!* than the plasic cover! They Do Not Fit. I could not get mine to stop leaking (very badly) even when I tied them down real hard, by hand. If you would use a tool, you will destroy the thread (which you did).

LOL so you’re going to acknowledge that the caps have different threading than the plastic cover and say that I used a tool? Pretty sure I know that I only used my hands. It’s obvious there are quality issues with this unit but hey props to you for continuing to use it even with all of the problems that you are already experiencing.

LOL so you’re going to acknowledge that the caps have different threading than the plastic cover and say that I used a tool? Pretty sure I know that I only used my hands.
You clearly have very strong hands :) I made them as tight as I could, and never even got close to getting to the seal... :)

Back