Ferminting/Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoors76

Reaction score
Ok I got my new fridge yesterday afternoon. It is a side by side refridgerator. I was wondering if I could use the Freezer side for a kegerator and the Fridge side for a Fermenter. I do have a thermostat controller but am not sure how I would control the two sides seperatly, if it is even possible.

Thanks,

Erik

Something that differs model to model I guess, the manufacturer could probably tell you if thats possilbe. I know that with my fridge/freezer at home it runs the freezer at -18c regardless of what the fridge is set at.

It most likely only has a compressor on the freezer side with a fan that blows cold air into the fridge side when a damper door between the two is opened or closed. To convert freezer side to keg temps, you just need to have the compressor turn off when it hits a certain temperature. Easy. The fridge side is a little trickier and to get this to work you need a way to independently control the fan in the freezer (or add a fan in the wall between the two) to blow cold air from the freezer side to the fridge side to cool it off.

Something like a dual stage love controller can do this.

Back