Fermenting issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbatten22

Reaction score
So I started a batch on Friday night. I went down to the basement to check on the airlock for signs of life. There are air bubbles in the airlock, but no active bubbles at all.

Should I be concerned or just be patient and know that the yeast is taking care of my beer? Or should I possibly pitch more yeast?

Thanks

Relax. Bubbles mean nothing. Unless you have a perfectly airtight seal, you may not get bubbles (especially if using a bucket and not a carboy).

Thanks. It's only my second batch so i worry easily. It is in a bucket, but i did just buy a second bucket as well as a carboy so I can start getting a pipeline going.

I think I like the idea of using the carboy because it is clear and I can see what is going on.
What Is the easiest way to get the wort from my brew pot into the carboy? A funnel?

Once I chill my wort, I use an auto siphon to get the wort from my kettle to the carboy. From what I read this can help oxygenate the wort. If you're kettle has a valve and nipple use a hose to transfer.

You can always just add a fitting to your boiler and pump it out with a march pump if you have a couple extra brew bucks to spend.

Back