Fermenter for 15 gallon batches?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thach1aj

Reaction score
I want to start doing 15 gallons batches but I don't want to spend the money to buy a conical and I really don't want to split the batches up and ferment them seperately either, so does anyone have any good idea?

Not exactly right but what I do is ferment inside 1/2bbls. If you move to CCPF you would be REALLY close to 15 gallons...

Well, you did say you don't want to split the fermentation, but what my club does is exactly that.

We brew 15 gallon batches, primary ferment in 3 6.5 gallon carboys, then rack to a 15 gallon demijohn for secondary. With our setup now, controlling fermentation temperature would be unwieldy in larger than 6.5 gallons.

You could always make 13 gallon batches, and use a demijohn as your primary as well.

Lots of threads on the 15 gallon plastic fermenter. Works well and the one I had was great for 11 gallons, and most likely would have enough head space for 15.

Back