fermentaton problem of new brewer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melihbozkurt84

Reaction score
hi every body,

I prepared my wort on saturday evening. Sunday morning everything was good. Air lock was boubling. All sunday along everything was perfect; however, Monday morning it was stoped when I got up. I thought home was cold so I put some polar things on it for warm it up. Today (tuesday) there is still no boubles in airlock. But today is not cold - appx. 20 C -.

What was wrong about it? Or İs that allrigth like that?

Many thanks.

Nothing sounds wrong, give it a few more days and check the gravity using your hydrometer.

And stop using your airlock as a fermentation guage.

-bn

Remember your hydrometer is your best friend.:mug: and don't forget to make sure it is calibrated.

Some people(including myself) Don't even use a hydrometer.Relax your beer is fine.give it a couple weeks ,taste it,If it tastes like warm flat beer then bottle/keg it:mug:

I have had a beer begin active fermenting and stop active fermenting within 48 hours of when I put it in the fermenter. Do not worry, the yeast know what they are doing, let them do their job. :)

What temperature are you fermenting at?

Let it ride. I wouldn't even bother with a hydrometer reading before 10 days myself. Some of them just ferment quickly, my current hefe started bubbling 6 hours after pitching yeast (sunday night), bubbled furiously most of Monday and this morning was slowed down to nearly nothing. That was at 66-67* - if it were warmer it probably would have gone even faster than that.

I have had a beer begin active fermenting and stop active fermenting within 48 hours of when I put it in the fermenter. Do not worry, the yeast know what they are doing, let them do their job. :)

What temperature are you fermenting at?

my house generally app. 20-21 C degrees. I thing This is Enough for fermenting. And it is a warmest house I have ever live in England.:D

I want to add I made my wort with coopers mexcian cerveza. Its paper says that " fermentation can complate with in 3-4 days in ideal temp. but you give a 7 day to be sure "

Dismiss the instructions. If you do not have a hydrometer, make sure the house is at proper temp minimum and let it ride. I'd probably not even look at it again until 2 weeks are up. It's likely done by then.

Your airlock is not a good indicator for fermentation. There could be a leak somewhere, or it's fermenting too slowly to be noticed, but still going.

Dismiss the instructions. If you do not have a hydrometer, make sure the house is at proper temp minimum and let it ride. I'd probably not even look at it again until 2 weeks are up. It's likely done by then.

Your airlock is not a good indicator for fermentation. There could be a leak somewhere, or it's fermenting too slowly to be noticed, but still going.

Thank you very much. my wife can easly feel cold if house is cold.however, She never feel cold at this house. And my thermometre shows min. 20*C degrees. Sometimes 22-23* C degrees. İts color getting dark. İt starded at the top of my wort. İt is going down. I think İt is a good.

how can ı understand forum my worths color. If the fermentation ends which It might be have?

because mine top is a brigth color like a beer but bottum's color is little bit blurry.

Thanks for your reply;

I'm a Turkish. So my mother language is Turkish. I'm trying to learn English. If there was a mistake about my writings. I'm so sorry about it. I have been to England for 8 mounths.

Thanks

Back