Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpume

Reaction score
Hello good people so i just took another 5days after adding hops on my robbers gold .golden ale...following the instructions in the book.am not so sho if the beer is ready to be bottled or not...but the bitterness is to high .below is the pic of the beer
20180119_183637.jpg

I would say to wait a few days and take another gravity reading and if the reading is the same then you are good to bottle. Some of the bitterness should fade with time.

Thought as much at pharaoh bob thank you for the advice..will give it another 2 nights...but does the beer look normal to you?

Looks like flat beer should look

Once done and carbed it’ll look as taste great

The beer for the hydrometer sample looked fine. The beer in the fermenter looked a little like the krausen hadn't completely fell yet which might indicate more time is needed. But a lot of that depends on what type of yeast was used. How long has it been in the fermentor? An extra week or two will benefit most styles of beer although that being said im usually impatient if I have ran out of homebrew to drink.

Latest posts

Back