Fermentation Temp Control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SpikeBrewing Any chance of selling separate insulated tubing for those of us that are lazy? I've got the coil, and a controller just need the pump, fittings and tubing - I'm sure I could go to Lowes, but meh if I'm already ordering the pump from you guys..

@SpikeBrewing Any chance of selling separate insulated tubing for those of us that are lazy? I've got the coil, and a controller just need the pump, fittings and tubing - I'm sure I could go to Lowes, but meh if I'm already ordering the pump from you guys..

Absolutely! We need to get through our huge influx of TC-100 orders first. We'll then have the insulation as a separate item sold in 6' sections for our early Spike adopters and people that made the mistake of ordering from 'the other guys'. ;)

Ordered mine during the pre sale. Can't wait for it to ship!
The odd thing is the stuff I was able to "pre-order" hasn't shipped but the jacket (which I couldn't pre-order) that i ordered on official launch day shipped yesterday. I don't get it? Add to that I ended up having to pay shipping on the jacket since it wasn't part of the bigger order. Oh well.

The odd thing is the stuff I was able to "pre-order" hasn't shipped but the jacket (which I couldn't pre-order) that i ordered on official launch day shipped yesterday. I don't get it? Add to that I ended up having to pay shipping on the jacket since it wasn't part of the bigger order. Oh well.

That is odd but they did say it will ship two weeks after you order for the pre-sale which would be today so I am hoping it ships this week.

Got the jacket today and the other items I ordered are slated to arrive on Monday. Got to admit I'm a bit disappointed that the top of the fermenter remains uncovered with the jacket. That leaves a very large surface area without insulation.

Got the jacket today and the other items I ordered are slated to arrive on Monday. Got to admit I'm a bit disappointed that the top of the fermenter remains uncovered with the jacket. That leaves a very large surface area without insulation.

I mean they clearly showed it didn't cover the top in the pictures so nothing unexpected. Probably would be easy to rig something up for the top if needed but I am going to try mine without for now.

Got my kit today, going to brew tomorrow and give it a go! I also ordered the carb stone to try out once I cold crash.

Yeah, I'll probably put my wife to work sewing some Velcro around the top edge and custom cutting a neoprene sheet for the top to Velcro together.

Anyway I can get the measurements of the cf-15 jacket? Sidewall height, diameter, and cone length?

Anyone know if the temp controller is a standard inkbird style controller? Looks like I can buy everything by itself and don't need yet another one of these.

Anyone know if the temp controller is a standard inkbird style controller? Looks like I can buy everything by itself and don't need yet another one of these.

It's not it has less options than the regular inkbird controllers.

You can only set the temp and Celsius or Fahrenheit.

It is quite different than the standard Inkbird. Our engineers worked directly with Inkbird engineers to develop the logic to work with our temp control system. It also removed a lot of the un-needed features and made the user interfac much easier/more intuitive.

Back