Fermentation problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rferguson61

Reaction score
Hey quick question about fermenting. I pitched my yeast and it was kinda chunky. I was told this is fine. But I didn't have much movement thru my blowoff tube. It's a chocolate stout...which made think that it would ferment more. I could be wrong. Insight?

If you brewed 1,000,000 batches of beer you would have 1,000,000 different fermentations.
If you are fementing, its fine.

Chunky yeast is no big deal. A technicality really. As for "movement" through your blow off tube what do you mean by "not a lot"? How long ago did you pitch? What yeast did you pitch? What was your OG? Without at least some of those questions answered its taking a shot in the dark as to whether or not there is a problem. As a general guess if your getting some action at all and your ok.

I think it's fine lol. I moved it into secondary last night and took a gravity reading. My OG was 1.066 my SG last night was 1.018. Target was 1.024.

Back