Fermentation Chamber (the first project I've posted!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argus79

Reaction score
I've been reading all the great info on this site for about a year and I thought it is about time I give something back. Today, as I was about to start building my fermentation chamber, I remembered to grab the camera and document the build. So, here we go.

This is the spot in my messy garage where the chamber is going to go.

1 by dan1346, on Flickr

Here is the beer fridge in the messy garage that has agreed to sacrafice itself for the creation of better beer.

2 by dan1346, on Flickr

Cleaned a small spot in the messy garage, moved fridge to new home, and stopped for a home brew.

Does anyone know how many posts it takes to post images in my thread?
(I did search before asking) :mug:

Twenty-five, IIRC. You've got a good start on a build. I'm very interested in these kind of builds because that's probably the next major build I do. But, because of SWMBO's full time college, I have to do everything for pennies right now.

Thanks, I tried searching every phrase I could think of to no avail. They should list that in the wiki along with the posting instructions.

I am really excited about getting this up and running. SWMBO is pretty excited about getting the fermentation out of the house! I have already taken over our home office and hall closet.

oops I didn't see my reply and typed it again. (it was on page two!) I guess this gets me closer to 25 posts. I'm definately better at reading than posting.

I keep building stuff for the brewery and never think to post any pictures. I know I always enjoy reading threads that include pictures, so I'm gonna make an effort to contribute around here.

17 and counting

I did a little more work to the box tonight. The first layer of insulation is in and stapled down. This weekend I plan to buy a sheet of foam board and cover the whole inside. Did I mention fiberglass insulation really sucks!

I still need to caulk around the outside of the fridge. Then wire the temp control to the fridge.

I still need to caulk around the outside of the fridge. Then wire the temp control to the fridge.

If you are going to end up compressing the insulation (especially the stuff on the bottom) you are really just better off with the rigid foam stuff by itself.

Back