Fermentation Chamber Options for Anvil Bucket Fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanj

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a 7.5 gallon Anvil Bucket Fermenter for a few years and have been using a 5 cu ft chest freezer. My chest freezer died a few months ago and I got rid of it.

Before I just go buy another 5 cu ft chest freezer, I wanted to see if anyone is using any specific mini fridges for this ferementer. Since the handles are static, the bucket needs a lot of width, so I'm not sure it'll fit in a wine fridge or something.

What's everyone using for their Anvil Bucket Fermenter?

I’m currently using an old single door fridge (maybe 15 cu ft?) I got for free from a friend. but I used to use a chest freezer as well. it’s nice to not have to lift the bucket quite as far anymore and to be able to easily grab a sample.

craigslist often has all kinds of refrigerators for sale for pretty cheap if you live near a decently sized city and have the patience to wait for a deal.

I got an old larder type fridge free got it into the brewhouse only to find it was dead... thought short out the thermostat see if the compressor is functional... bingo works great bought an inkbird to control it , which was always going to be the case, working fine. The upside is it is easy to get in and out and taking samples is easy too.

Check Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace for free refrigerators as they are often available. If not, you can typically find one pretty cheap. I brought my fermenter with me when I bought my wine fridge to make sure it fit. You can also add a collar to a mini fridge to make it wider.

Back