Fermentasaurus Users

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seabrew8

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I recently learnt about pressure fermenting!

After looking over the unitanks from ssbrewtech and spike brewing, i found the fermentasaurus - and since ordered one. Should arrive last week of Jan.

My main purpose for fermenting under pressure is to naturally carb my beer.

What's your process? Do you pressure transfer to a serving keg? Use a spunding valve? If so what PSI do you set the gauge too?

Thanks, i'm very excited about this new - for me - technique!

Last edited:
Well i finally got my saurus! I decided just to pour a 3 day old batch that was intended for the saurus but it was delayed getting here.

A german dortmunder beer fermented with saflager s-33. First time using this yeast. Hopefully it doesn't produce to many esters.

88% pilsner, 10% munich 10L, %2 Melanoidin. Magnum, saaz to about 24 IBU.

Currently, have the spunding valve set to 20psi! Holding well!

This is my first attempt. Its been in the keg 4 days today. So 11 days grain to glass. Its quite drinkable right now, just will be looking to improve clarity.

It had a lot of sulphur tastes/smell going on the first few days in the keg.

This batch i have waiting now is with 34/70 and it smells a lot better then s-23.

I won't be using s-23 again. I just used it this time because that's all they had. In the future i would rather use an ale yeast.

Attachments

• 20180209_110730.jpg
    20180209_110730.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 55
They a very good beer imo. Not really sure if they would hold up in a comp. but beer is very pricey here. The last few batches i have been fermenting at 15C but haven't packaged yet. 34/70 is really good to me.

Latest posts

Back