Fermentación question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakwi

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a quick question about fermentation. I brewed a brown ale called caribou slobber. OG of 1.059 which was just about perfect. Currently my gravity is at 1.012, which is my expected fg, but it is still bubbling about once every 3 or 4 minutes. My plan is to cold crash it for a couple if days and then keg it, but since it is still bubbling should I leave it another week?

Thanks for the help.

OK a couple of corrections. Gravity right now is 1.013 with the correction for 70f and it bubbles once a min.

If you haven't already done so, give it 3-4 days between hydro readings. If the gravity is the same the second time, crash it for a week in the mid-30's and rack to the keg.

I checked it a week ago. 1.021 so it has definitely gone down since then. Tastes really good.

Yes, but what you want to see is two readings that are the same - indicating that fermentation is complete.

Cheers,

Thanks guys. I'll check it again in a few days. Do you guys return samples to the fermenter? I always sanitize everything when I'm taking a sample but I haven't tried returning the sample.

Thanks again guys. I checked it again this morning and it is now 1.012, so it has barely moved in the last week. I moved it to the fridge to crash it and I'll keg in a couple of days I guess. I've been cold crashing the samples for a day and then drinking them. I think it turned out really well.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back