Ferment temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m25wilson

Reaction score
Am steeping the grains for a Belgian witiber right now. It is a extract kit from Midwest. After going through the instructions I noticed it doesn't have a fermentation temp listed. I am guessing the usual ale temp range but wanted to make sure. Thanks

I pitched yeast for my last Witbier at 72 degrees. I let all my ales ferment anywhere from 62 - 68 degrees. Sometimes the yeast activity will drive the temp a little higher. But that's in the little critters nature. :)

Gary

Your best bet would be to look up the yeast strand that came with the kit online. Sometimes (not always) Belgium yeast can ferment a slightly higher temp. Good luck with the brew :)

Thanks for the help looks like a slightly higher temp than I am used to based on the yeast.

It's the Wyeast ACT 3944 Belgian witbier. Temp range is 62-72F (16-24C). Low to medium flocculation,attenuation is 72-76%.

Back