Quantcast

Fellowship of the Drink XII: The Bad News Beers

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

PianoMan

My Faak it-list is longer then my Bucket list
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If he's unable, or unwilling, to run it, I nominate @PianoMan to do so in his place, and give him the opportunity to break my record of 25 entries, in FotD V, which he was able to tie, previously, in FotD VI.

;)
Watch it! I'll allow any Tom, Dick and Joe in just to beat the record! [emoji39]

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
I may try bottling these, pop the can top, move to bottle, quick cap and see what happens. I don't need bombs in the fridge...wife would slaughter me. I think there is enough Co2 to make it okay...I dunno but fudge!!

PianoMan

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I may try bottling these, pop the can top, move to bottle, quick cap and see what happens. I don't need bombs in the fridge...wife would slaughter me. I think there is enough Co2 to make it okay...I dunno but fudge!!
I thought about doing that with TheDudes beers but so many good releases coming up decided to drink em and backfill with fresh stuff.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Bottling now, so we shall see. Insane amounts of carbonation so not sure how these will come out...likely flat...so will probably need force carb by some method.

PianoMan

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They'll complain I'm not cold crashing their beers for them or I would harass them again. No excuse for canning unfinished beers, it's cheating!
Many of us totally agree. Making people buy then be responsible for their unfermented beer is redicoulous!!

jerbrew

Beer Drinker Extraordinaire
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
They'll complain I'm not cold crashing their beers for them or I would harass them again. No excuse for canning unfinished beers, it's cheating!
I completely agree and feel like somebody could get hurt from an exploding can or simply lose the money spent on buying their beer but having it on the counter, even at cool temperatures. They really should explicitly say that there is an explosion hazard.

CTownBrewer

Reaction score
... Tired of beers exploding
My wife is looking forward to the blueberry vanilla sour coming out this week. I already told her to make sure they are immediately refrigerated or her hand might get shanked by an exploding can.

jerbrew

Beer Drinker Extraordinaire
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As a teaser, and hopefully an impetus for the beginning of the next round, my offer is going to be completely different than my usual list of NEIPA releases and Fruited Berliner Weisse.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
And mine will almost exclusively be grenades for the unsuspecting Doug in the room.

By the way, what food savers are you guys using? I might move to that, but I don't think they'll contain an explosion.

TwistedGray

El Jefe Brewing Company
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
JamesonFan

JamesonFan

Reaction score
As a teaser, and hopefully an impetus for the beginning of the next round, my offer is going to be completely different than my usual list of NEIPA releases and Fruited Berliner Weisse.
Booooooo!!!!

Just kidding. [emoji2]

imasickboy

Drinkasaurus extraordinarius
Reaction score
  1. There is beer
  2. There is beer
  3. There is beer
  4. There is beer
  5. There is beer
  6. There is beer
  7. There is beer