Feeling the pressure...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dom P

Reaction score
Hey brewers!

So, yesterday at about 1730 I finished a 23 litre brew, and kegged the majority of it after bulk priming. I bottled 8 bottles (500ml) and kegged the rest. The keg is one of those plastic monstrosities as I can't afford anything better at the moment. This morning I pulled a tiny bit to test the pressure, and noticed that there was no pressure at all, so injected a co2 bulb. Realised there was a leak in the seal, so unscrewed it, reseated the washer and went again the seal was fine, but then I noticed the pressure was causing the tap to leak at a fairly high rate, so I bled the pressure again to stop it .

At this point, I'm looking at 19 litres of flat beer, so wondered...I'm going out for the day, but when I get back, could I sterilise bottles and run the keg off into bottles and allow to bottle condition? Would I need more priming sugar to do this?

I don't want to waste the brew as it's been weeks and weeks in primary and secondary and has come out darn tasty, but the carbonation is such a big part of the finish I don't want to lose it!

Advice gratefully received!

Back