Feeling good and having a problem :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redpappy

Reaction score
( not sure if this needes to be in the drunken ramblings or not :0 ) so I have had a few and just wondered, how many people think about brewing...all the time? I know part of it is because it is still new to me. I think i will consider it new till I get a system running where I won’t need to make changes. Which may take a few years. But I kinda think about it all the time. The I WISH I had the money for this part, or that part. Or I can do this or that. Of corse right now I’m stuck on how to build my table in my still needing to be built home. I’m trying to find ways to do things as cheap as possible. So far i built a stir plat for almost nothing ( think it ran around 12.00 bucks for stir bar and potentiometer). I have a 5.1 qubic foot freezer for free for a fermenting chamber, once I purchase a temperature controller( which may turn into a keezer later on) . And I can’t wait till brew day. Now I’m not sure if it is an excuse to escape of the everyday life or the enjoyment of the beer that I have produce. Of course my next brew day is going to be really special for me because it will be my first 5 gal batch of AG BIAB. I have done 1 gal (3 Times, SMaSH). But to do a simple brew, such as the Boston Ale Clone, it just excites me.

I have asked several silly questions( what I consider silly). And have received lots of useful inputs. Which i am thankful for. And I hope that no one minds my ramblings, which usually occurs when I have had a few. There are just so many questions, which I know have been asked and I can find answers for, from previous post, but sometimes I wonder if recent answers are better.

So what is my problem....well....my problem is my brewing.... I don’t know if I’m brewing enough, but yet I don’t have enough fermenters ( 3-5 gal and 2-1 gal) as much as I drink, I have 4 cases ready to drink, all 3 5 gal fermentors and 1 1 gal fermentors filled, I still want to brew more. The only reason that I can come up with why I want to brew so much is that I am wanting to see my consistency, however I haven’t brewed the same beer, except one (which is still bottle conditioning) since I started brewing. Ok, I’m done rambling.

Good points. I'm kind of like that, in that I think about brewing a lot. When I'm in a home center store I sometimes look at stuff and think about how might that be useful in my brewing operations. I used to be an engineer, so once an engineer, always an engineer. I've built a lot of DIY gear, like stir plates, grain mill setups, BIAB hoists, ferm chamber, etc.

As to brewing enough, I guess you have to plan ahead and always think about keeping your pipeline full of good beer. It's not good to run out. :no:

Back