Favorite Bar Food????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking as a person who grew up in eastern Canada, and visited quebec a few times please enlighten me.

Speaking as a person with roots in the Canadian Maritime, Quebec, Ontario, New England since the 1640's why don't you enlighten me as to what you need enlightening to, sport. It sure as bloody 'ell can't be heritage. Move along chum, you bother me.

Speaking as a person with roots in the Canadian Maritime, Quebec, Ontario, New England since the 1640's why don't you enlighten me as to what you need enlightening to, sport. It sure as bloody 'ell can't be heritage. Move along chum, you bother me.

What do you consider poutine? The official defintion is cheese curds , fries and gravy
As far as heritage.....1640.... Congratulations on a non-accomplishment that you had no part in achieving. if something this small bothers you and you feel the need to get defensive, I have no time for you, left stuff like that behind in junior high

What do you consider poutine? The official defintion is cheese curds , fries and gravy
As far as heritage.....1640.... Congratulations on a non-accomplishment that you had no part in achieving. if something this small bothers you and you feel the need to get defensive, I have no time for you, left stuff like that behind in junior high

Glad you got so well educated. Luck to ya!

Thank you for pointing out I was wrong, but not backing it up when asked.

Hey G,

Later on that. For now maybe look up les pommes frit avec fromage in very old texts. I'm going to crack a DIPA new batch now. Later.

I understand pomme frites ( french fries) avec fromage ( with cheese). I have just never heard of another definition of poutine, even from my quebecois friends, either way, enjoyez vous biere et bonne huit.

My french is little rusty but I think that I used the proper syntax

Have you guys heard the joke about the Newfie and the whatever the nickname for people from New Hampshire arguing about poutine on the internet in French? It's hilarious!:drunk:

I've always wanted to try poutine. Too bad nobody this far south knows what the hell it is. May just have to make it myself.

We do have these though, carne asada fries:

Behold-asada-fries.jpg

The fries and meat are topped with a glutton’s row of condiments: tangy Mexican cream, sweet and hot habanero salsa, chipotle aioli, lots of cilantro leaves, melted cheese, squeezes of lime, and crushed peppercorns.

Damn delicious!

A pub we go to has Potacho's. Lattice-cut fries cooked crispy with nacho toppings like that. Delicious!!

Zuljin said:
Have you tried just peanut butter and bacon? :mug:

Wrap your peanut butter and bacon with a sourdough pancake and you have perfect red-neck breakfast tacos--my favorite!

Like mentioned before..Fried pickles.
A batter can be great on slices but not work on spears and vice versa.
also house made chips and salsa

Have you guys heard the joke about the Newfie and the whatever the nickname for people from New Hampshire arguing about poutine on the internet in French? It's hilarious!:drunk:

Aw hell, I thought that was a private conversation, didn't realize you were mule earing in there Tenn.

Any way you mean Damned Yankee, you heard of us ain't ya Tennessee?

IMHO A fresh sour dough pretzel with some awesome mustard is hard to beat with a delicious beer. Something like Vintage 50 in Leesburg Virginia offers.

Bacon cheeseburger and/or big soft pretzel. Make a burger on a pretzel bun, and you've got a winner.

A pub in my old neighborhood makes a different twist on nachos - thin sliced potatoes that are baked and topped with cheese, smoked pulled pork, more cheese, scallions, and other delicious stuff. Mmmmmm....

Pork tenderloin sandwiches

I've only seen them in the Illinois River Valley area but you basically pound a pork chop as this as possible; bread it then deep fry it. If it's done right the sandwich is about the size of a dinner plate.

DUCK NACHOS! Brewery Vivant has excellent food and beer, but SWMBO and I love the duck nachos. Description from their menu is: Duck Confit Nachos -- Brie Cream, Tomato Concassé, Caramelized Onions, Duck Cracklin’, Citrus. My description -- F'in delicious!

Edit: Fixed smiley that wasn't supposed to be there

I recently had a few beers at a local brewpub, and it seemed the beer was better than the beer which made me think of all the great food I've had over the years at bars/brewpubs.

What is your favorite bar food you've had???

Were you hitting the sauce before posting this? :D

I'm a medium wing guy, not hot, I do remember 15-18 year ago I was about how hot your wings were thank I'd that has passed, I don't go out for 3 wings

PB on burgers can be real good or real bad

A pub I go to takes jalapenos, halves and deseeds and deveins them, fills them with cream cheese, wraps the whole thing in bacon, then broils it. Awfully good.

A local bar up here does similar, but without the halving, deseeding or deveining.

Soft pretzels - but only in Philly.

Duck confit nachos are a great call. And well made fish and chips is very solid.

But for me, it's gonna be a sandwich - a Cuban Sandwich.

I used to get an awesome salmon chowder on Fridays at a pub in town, but their chef never shared the recipe with anyone & they had to take it off the menu when he quit. They served it up with fresh made pub fries, Irish soda bread & I always washed it down with a Scotch ale.
Regards, GF.

Somebody posted a recipe for the hot pickled sausages. Gunna have to try that someday soon. I wonder what cutting them up in nachos would taste like with homemade queso?

Latest posts

Back