Quantcast

Favorite Bar Food????

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

brettg20

Reaction score
I recently had a few beers at a local brewpub, and it seemed the beer was better than the beer which made me think of all the great food I've had over the years at bars/brewpubs.

What is your favorite bar food you've had???

OP
B

brettg20

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with wings, I just had some pulled pork nachos (smoked for 24 hours) that were truly amazing

Conan

Reaction score
Duck frites (french fries, made in duck fat) are my absolute favorite. Dry wings are also good, only beating wet for because they're easier to eat. My wife says loaded fries, and I would say they're number 2 for me. We haven't been to a bar for some time, and now I'd like to go! :mug: Kyle

Pappers_

Staff member
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A pub I go to takes jalapenos, halves and deseeds and deveins them, fills them with cream cheese, wraps the whole thing in bacon, then broils it. Awfully good.

Zuljin

I come from the water
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think those peppers that pappers had are called Armadillo Eggs or Buffalo Turds. Either way, peppers stuffed with some kind of cheese, some bacon and baked or battered and fried are goo-ood.

Potato skins. Nachos. Artichoke and spinach dip. Loaded fries. Chicken fingers with honey mustard. I love bar food.

daksin

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Got to go deep fried- love a good belgian frites, poutine, or fried dill pickles. Hard to beat nachos too, but so few places do them decently.

m_c_zero

Reaction score
I've always wanted to try poutine. Too bad nobody this far south knows what the hell it is. May just have to make it myself.

We do have these though, carne asada fries:

The fries and meat are topped with a glutton’s row of condiments: tangy Mexican cream, sweet and hot habanero salsa, chipotle aioli, lots of cilantro leaves, melted cheese, squeezes of lime, and crushed peppercorns.

Damn delicious!

TNGabe

Reaction score
For me it's charcuterie, cheese, pickles, and/or olives.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
It's burgers for me.

After burgers it's fries/tots then a soft pretzel with either beer cheese dip or a great spicy mustard.

There are a few specific treats I love. Like one bar near me does Asian Nachos which are fried wontons with all kinds of goodness.

Basically I like my bar foods salty and fatty.

Xpertskir

Reaction score
I cant just pick one

Fried cheese curds. They must be fresh, and squeak when you eat them.

A well cooked burger, made from house ground good quality meat. My current favorite topping is peanut butter, bacon, sharp cheddar(smoked preferable)

Onion rings, breaded(not battered) and fried crisp.

Zuljin

I come from the water
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I cant just pick one

Fried cheese curds. They must be fresh, and squeak when you eat them.

A well cooked burger, made from house ground good quality meat. My current favorite topping is peanut butter, bacon, sharp cheddar(smoked preferable)

Onion rings, breaded(not battered) and fried crisp.
I've ate peanut butter on a great many things, but not a burger.

Have you tried just peanut butter and bacon? :mug:

maverick9862

Reaction score
Hear Hear!

A good scotch egg with mustard

(kinetic brewery has awesome pub food: aforementioned egg, poutine and more!)

jeffjm

Reaction score
Scotch eggs are awesome. Hard boil an egg. Coat it in a layer of ground sausage. Bread it. Deep fry it. Enjoy!

Xpertskir

Reaction score
I've ate peanut butter on a great many things, but not a burger.

Have you tried just peanut butter and bacon? :mug:

Yes, yes I have. Two of my favorite things.

Homemade potato chips with a blue cheese and white wine gravy is also ridiculous. Now that I am thinking

GenIke

Reaction score
Any fried cheese. But specifically fried white cheddar cheese curds from a local tavern. OMFG, every now and then living in Wisconsin comes through for me!

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
Taters. Any kind of taters. French fries, tater tots, tater wedges, taterpigs, curly fries, criss-cut fries, cold boiled, etc...
The lowly little potato: grows in the dirt, so plain, so simple, so unassuming, yet so very, very versatile & tasty!
Regards, GF. :mug:

Reaction score
Fried Mushrooms or Potato Skins are my favorite.

Was at a steakhouse in Austin, Tx that served some deep fried peppers called Rattlesnake Eggs, possibly the best bar food I've ever has, no clue how they made it.

krackin

Reaction score
I've always wanted to try poutine. Too bad nobody this far south knows what the hell it is. May just have to make it myself.

We do have these though, carne asada fries:

The fries and meat are topped with a glutton’s row of condiments: tangy Mexican cream, sweet and hot habanero salsa, chipotle aioli, lots of cilantro leaves, melted cheese, squeezes of lime, and crushed peppercorns.

Damn delicious!
Those look really good. You can make poutine ( pronounced pootsin or close to that) at home by using a cast iron frying pan and fry up some spuds, garlic, onion. Top with good gravy and I use extra sharp cheddar. It isn't exact but really good.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
Poutine (poo-teen)
french fries
cheese curds
Gravy
I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about it

Latest posts