father's gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnstepthen

Reaction score
Looking for a gift for my dad as a wedding gift but I want to buy him something that he won't grow out of and will use no matter how big his brew station Getz, preferably something I can personalize. Any suggestions?

Does he already homebrew? If so equipment might be difficult - many homebrewers have a pretty tight ship running so to speak. If he does, I will tack on to other people's ideas of personalized glasses. Another really cool gift if he kegs is personalized tap handles. You can find a bunch at etsy where people will customize really nice wooden tap handles.

If he doesn't already homebrew and you're looking to buy some starter equipment I would recommend:

*Basic kit (Usually comes with a fermentation bucket and bottling bucket - make sure this includes an autosiphon)
*Extra bucket with lid (use this for storing star san)
*4 oz bottle of star san (this will last a long time if you use DI/RO water to make 5 gallon batches that you store in the bucket)
*5 gallon kettle
*Extract recipe for favorite style of beer
*Bottling caps
*Large plastic bin to use for a swamp cooler

That's enough equipment to produce some really good beers without breaking the bank.

The stir plate's a good idea, or an oxygenating kit. Or these glass German steins you can get engraved;
http://
I got'em on amazon, with the Bavarian crest, since pop's Bavarian German. But they have other crests available. they can be engraved in the center of the crest.

Back