fat tire

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is BYO's clone,

http://***********/stories/recipes/...d-french-ale/1183-new-belgiums-fat-tire-clone

I just kegged the Northern Brewer all-grain clone kit yesterday, and even warm and flat it's delicious. I don't have a bottle of fat tire on hand to compare to so I can't say exactly how close it comes, but it seems close. I'll have to do a side by side comparison in a couple weeks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I used the Wyeast 1762 Belgain Abbey II yeast

I don't know why NB is putting Belgian yeast in that kit. Fat Tire has a pretty neutral yeast taste. Nottingham works well, so do the neutral American ale strains.

I forgot to mention that I would be doing all grain brewing for fat tire clone. I could not find a clone all grain from Northern Brewing. Is it listed under another typel=?Thanks for your help

If you are looking for a kit, go with Austin Homebrew Supply. I've heard nothing but good things about their clone.

If you are not looking for a kit, then there are a bunch of different clones floating around here, just search.

I didn't get my ingridents from NB, but I did use their recipe and it was an awesome brew, really really close to the original. I dont think they still offer the kit or recipe on their website anymore, but I have it at home and can post it later tonight if you'd like.

Back