Fat Tire yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkocher13

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get fat tire yeast. Wyeast isn't making it anymore and I really want to make a batch of fat tire. Any suggestions or thoughts?

A little off topic but when I was down there a few weeks ago, I asked them about their yeast. They keep original strains in-house and they also have an off site backup. They have an agreement with CSU to store yeast on campus. pretty cool. They may be producing it all themselves now. So the yeast manufacturers may not have access to it anymore.

I'd even be willing to buy a case and try to cultivate it from the bottles, but I can't get it in PA.

I'd even be willing to buy a case and try to cultivate it from the bottles, but I can't get it in PA.

Fat tire is not bottle conditioned. You won't find yeast in there.

I know your dilema. I used to live in PA. I wish I could still get yuengling products.

I will trade you a case of fat tire for a case of yuengling black and tan.

Darn it.....I thought I could make starter. Oh well. If we can work out the shipping I would make that trade.

Fat tire is not bottle conditioned. You won't find yeast in there.

I know your dilema. I used to live in PA. I wish I could still get yuengling products.

I will trade you a case of fat tire for a case of yuengling black and tan.

Are you kidding me? How can I make this transaction happen?

Back