Fastest Keg In The West

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheJasonT

Reaction score
What's your record for blowing through a keg? I just managed to keg a beer last Sunday, force carb to drinkable by Wednesday, and blew it tonight. I'm not if I should be proud of myself for making such a quaffable brew or what... :drunk:

What's your record for blowing through a keg? I just managed to keg a beer last Sunday, force carb to drinkable by Wednesday, and blew it tonight. I'm not if I should be proud of myself for making such a quaffable brew or what... :drunk:

About 3 hours, I think. :D It was my "Fizzy Yellow Beer" recipe.

It really wasn't that fast- I put it on the gas on Thursday, and the party was on Saturday. I brought three kegs, and two of them kicked. It was a small party, though, and I didn't expect that to happen.

Normally, we don't have guests and we just drink the beer ourselves. One keg generally lasts us two weeks or so.

If I'm throwing a party we can usually kill 10 gal that night no problem, but if its just me and the occasional friend dropping in anywhere between 2.5 weeks and a month.

Now I feel bad!

I can plow through a BMC 1/2 bbl and a corny of homebrew in 2 weeks by myself!

Can't drink homebrews like I drink miller lite though. I'd die of alcohol poisoning, or something!

pb

There's obviously a big difference between a party and soloing. My last 4.5 gal of Centennial Blonde lasted almost 6 days solo (kicked early on the 6th and had to switch to Yooper's House Pale).

Luckily, my next Centennial Blonde has been on gas for four days. I'll start drawing tomorrow and look forward to kicking it Aug. 6th, right on schedule.

Solo? I went through a 1/6th keg of Hoegardden in 2 weeks by myself one time. But a party? Sheesh....an hour? Depending on the amount of drinkers...it can go fast.

The party figure seems to only be limited by how fast you can pour, so surely this is intended to be a measure of solo consumption. In other words, how alcoholic are you, exactly?

Back