Farmhouse Brewing Hop Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJoeBrew

Reaction score
Just placed an order with Farmhouse Brewing Supply for Hops. They were selling some hops for less than a $1 per oz. Has anyone had any experience or results from purchasing there sale hops? Seemed like a great deal, but is it too good to be true?

No, they are my go to for hops. I like the 4 oz. packs as usually I need more than an ounce. The site is easy to peruse. Always a great selection and very good prices. Have not been disappointed at all.

Great to hear. Definitely easy website to use. I also like that they have 4oz. packs and I am getting 4 oz. for almost what I pay for an oz. some places.

Can't say enough good things about Farmhouse. The quality of the hops (and grains, for that matter) is always top notch. Great service too. They have become my go-to for almost everything since I moved to the middle of nowhere.

Just placed an order with Farmhouse Brewing Supply for Hops. They were selling some hops for less than a $1 per oz. Has anyone had any experience or results from purchasing there sale hops? Seemed like a great deal, but is it too good to be true?

Not TGTBT, I just ordered from them. Got 2lbs of hops(4oz each of Ahtanum, Amarillo, Citra, Cascade, Galaxy, Bravo, Calypso, Magnum) and saved like $20 even after shipping compared to LHBS. Their CS is great too, I ordered summit and they ran out, someone called me to ask if I'd like to replace before they shipped. Awesome. :mug:

They are having some good buys on 2014 hops and have a lot of their leftover 2013 hops on sale to make room for the new crop.

I always have hops on hand so some are getting pretty old. I vacuum pack them with my Foodsaver and store in the freezer. I have seen no real difference in my older hops and fresher ones.

So buying the sale 2013 hops is a great way to try different hops.

They are having some good buys on 2014 hops and have a lot of their leftover 2013 hops on sale to make room for the new crop.

I always have hops on hand so some are getting pretty old. I vacuum pack them with my Foodsaver and store in the freezer. I have seen no real difference in my older hops and fresher ones.

So buying the sale 2013 hops is a great way to try different hops.
+1 on the Foodsaver. I've only had one about 6 months but I can definitely see the difference in the quality of my hops that have only been in the freezer a few months.

My go to place for odd-ball and experimental hops.

My only problem is I end up ordering WAY TOO MUCH! :)

That's kind of what I think is going to happen to me. I ordered 28oz of hops of different varieties. So, now I need to start formulating some recipes.

I love Farmhouse, I get most of my hops there as well. I'm waiting for 2014 Chinook and Columbus to come out, then I'm making my bulk order for the year.

Agreed on them supplying other ingredients. I get a lot of my specialty grains from them and other things that don't come to mind at the moment.

They are also expanding their supply of equipment.

Back