False Bottom in eKeggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LooyvilleLarry

Reaction score
Does anyone out here have a False Bottom in their electric keggle?

I was thinking that it would have to be placed just above the element and that the dip tube would be below the false bottom.

This should work right?

The false bottom I have has a dip tube that goes in from above like an L on its side w/ the short part downard. it pulls upward due to the hydraulic head creating pressure. I don't know if yours does... If you're using electric, you could put a bottom outflow though... but you'll never be able to use a gas burner on it that way... up to you.

Are you going to fabricate a special false bottom with "legs" to hold it up over the element?

The design of the bottom in the keggle does place the element quite a distance off the bottom, since it is concave

Are you going to fabricate a special false bottom with "legs" to hold it up over the element?

The design of the bottom in the keggle does place the element quite a distance off the bottom, since it is concave

Yes, that was the idea. Some stainless legs (screws likely).
What do you think?

I was thinking about putting legs on my FB in my MLT to try direct fired electric MLT using an ultra low watt density 1200 watt element. I'm using a regular pot though so the element will be very close to the bottom.

Yes, that was the idea. Some stainless legs (screws likely).
What do you think?

My wife calls you Louisville Larry...

There is an Oregon Larry... so you are Louisville.

I think it will work, is this to help separate the hop junk out?

Yeah. And you can tell Mrs. Pol to remind you to bring a bottle of your CCPA down to the 'ville when you come through! Maybe I can talk Paul into "holding" for exchange.

Oh, you want some CCB brew? I MAY be able to enter into a growler swap with ya... I can bring one, next time, you fill it and I get some of your wares.

Oh yeah, I'll have to see if I have a growler left of my Belgian ( probably not, all the chicks hit that one.) or My SharePoint Satan Porter !

I should get a picture of my setup. I did a bottom drain and then just place a SS strainer over the top of that, works somewhat like a false bottom.

Back