False Bottom dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsp

Reaction score
Hey. I'm new here and we are moving from about a year of steeped and extract brews to the all-grain. So, we've bought the Rubbermaid 10 gallon cooler. Will buy a false bottom if we have to, but really want to make one. What do I need to buy? We've measured the diameter and it looks like 13'' is the size, but when we look at websites, they only list 12'' false bottoms. As well, where could we buy perforated stainless steel - Rona, Home Depot, etc. Any advice would be welcome.

This has been a popular topic lately! Online Metals has what you need to make your own. Here's a pic of the one I made:

4688-mashtun.JPG

Yuri_Rage said:
This has been a popular topic lately! Online Metals has what you need to make your own. Here's a pic of the one I made:

4688-mashtun.JPG

Yuri, how are you transferring the sparge water into the manifold? Are you using a pump? Would you mind posting some pics of that part of your setup? I am working on the manifold now and I want to plan for a simple transfer system. I was thinking of drilling the cooler to "permanently" mount the manifold into so that I could use a gravity feed from the hot water pot but I was concerned how to do things if I need to cool things down a bit (since I;m a ******* and usually learn by trial AND error)

Thanks

Back