fall is approaching! what are you brewing to prepare?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably not a good idea. I'd find another way to get the oil out. Do you have a press of any kind? Maybe wrap them in paper towel, wrap that in foil, then squeeze it in a clamp or vice. Sounds good in my head anyway :)

I don't see an issue with the oven. Why not?

The whole thing with paper towel being really flammable. I'm not sure what the heat ignition point is on the material, but I sure wouldnt risk it.

Probably not a good idea. I'd find another way to get the oil out. Do you have a press of any kind? Maybe wrap them in paper towel, wrap that in foil, then squeeze it in a clamp or vice. Sounds good in my head anyway :)

Why not use walnut oil itself? You can get it in most grocery stores. Not sure how much to use, though.

Ok, smart guy! I have to imagine paper towels have different properties than book paper. They seem to ignite if the temperature's too hot...

And by temperature I clearly meant outside...like on a hot day...because it ignites that easily...whatever.

Braufessor said:
Oktoberfest just moved to keg for lagering. Also did a series of Oatmeal beers - oatmeal amber, oatmeal brown, oatmeal porter and oatmeal stout. I can just move to darker beer the colder it gets:) I also have a smoked bourbon porter that I brewed 6 months ago that will be ready this fall/winter.

Would love the recipe of the smoked bourbon porter

I just brewed an Imperial Stout, I am brewing my Pumpkin Porter this weekend and my Pumpkin Abbey is coming up. Then move on to the Winter Warmer and Barley Wine

Have an Octoberfest stowed away at 48 degrees. Brewed it specifically to be ready on October 1st.

Brewing a Sweet Potato Stout this weekend. Currently torn about adding spices or letting it go au natural. Anybody feel strongly one way or the other?

I am doing a Scottish 60/ tomorrow. I plan to just keep re-pitching the yeast for a few brews so every 2 weeks I will be doing something. I have lined to do this 60/, then an APA and Strawberry Blonde double brew day, then Denny's Boubon Vanilla Porter, then maybe a Kate the Great clone. All using WLP001.

I can't decide if I want to squeeze something else in there. I wouldn't mind a Hef of a Doubel or Tripel but those are out since I am confining myself to WLP001. Anyone have any other ideas for WLP001?

Next weekend doing a Dubbel recipe I came up with. Might not be done till winter but whatever. Weekend after that doing an amber ale, then weekend after that some OctoberFAST. The latter two will definitely be done in a timely manner.

African Amber on deck this weekend. Looking forward to doing my Rye Maibock again once it cools down. I just might make all lagers this winter, since my basement gets into the low 50's. Wyeast 2124 worked wonderfully last year for keeping clean even into the very low 60's.

My beer drinking isnt seasonal....I'll drink RIS at the beach, American wheats by the fire, and IPA's all day everyday. I'm about to keg a brown ale, I suppose thats autumny.

Most recently, 10 gallons of a pumpkin ale. Smelled great coming out of the brew kettle and is currently fermenting away in the fermentation chamber. It's going to be a tough couple of weeks waiting for it to be ready to keg...

Barleywine's in secondary now, and I'll be making an oatmeal stout on Thursday. Looking forward to getting into those before Autumn officially starts, but who cares about seasons in San Diego, right?

I'm brewing an Oberon clone on Labor Day....I'm not late in the season...no, I'm not...endless summer mindset!

Back