Fairly New Brewer from San Antonio, Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pubwilson

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Robert. Just started brewing right after Christmas 2009. SWMBO bought me a Mr. B kit that we had seen in a local department store shortly before the holidays. Well, I brewed the WCPA that came in the kit, and I have been hooked ever since. I now have 2 Mr. B fermenters and 2 5 gal. buckets and a BB for the occasional secondary fermentation. I now also have two used fridges in the garage (was kicked out of the house shortly after breing my 1st IPA!) one free from neighbor, one from used appliance store $60. It gets hot here in Texas so I'm using one as a fermenter with a JC and the other will be my soon to be built kegerator beacuse after bottling my 1st 5 gal. batch, I am done with bottling except for the occasional gift beer.
Working on a Belgium IPA and Oatmeal Stout right now, hoping to use this forum to gain all the knowledge I can on this great new interest of mine.

Welcome! Kegging this early on is a blessing. I waited far too long (which is the typical mantra). Bottling gave me time to save some money and appreciate kegging more due to my bottling experiences though. Do you usually brew in a 5 gallon bucket or a Mr. B?

Back