EZ BOIL DSPR320 30 degree Temperature Variation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmb11

Reaction score
I am using an AUBER Cube 2E with the EZ Boil DSPR320 with four inch PT-100 temperature probe and 20 gallon Spike Solo with basket. When in boil mode, the temperature reading at full boil on the EZ boil reads 82 degrees. Any thought as to why there would be a thirty degree temperature differential ? Thanks

What is the system setting for Pb (temperature offset on a calibrated probe) and (C-F) Celsius or Fahrenheit?

A couple things. Can you verify that the 3 wires from the probe are plugged into the DSPR correctly and that you have no frayed wires?
Can you verify that your Ice point calibration is correct? Check Your Thermometers! | ThermoWorks
Additionally what is the probe offset that is currently in the controller (See section 7.6) https://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/DSPR320_manual.pdf
I’ve checked the cable for continuity at both ends of
A couple things. Can you verify that the 3 wires from the probe are plugged into the DSPR correctly and that you have no frayed wires?
Can you verify that your Ice point calibration is correct? Check Your Thermometers! | ThermoWorks
Additionally what is the probe offset that is currently in the controller (See section 7.6) https://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/DSPR320_manual.pdf
I have checked the probe connections and they are making good contact. I also checked for continuity and all is good. I took your advice and checked PT-100 probe as well three other pt-100 probes in the ice bath they all read the same 6 degrees which is showing a 26 degree differential. Is there a way to tune the DSPR320 to show the correct temperature ? Thanks

Adjust the Pb (temperature offset) setting in the system menu (Refer to the manual.). If your probe reads 6F in a 32F solution then set this value to +26.

Is this a new unit? How old is the unit?

7.6. SYST – System Settings System parameters for the controller.

Note 1. Pb, probe offset. Pb is a value added to the probe reading to compensate the error produced by the sensor or input signal itself. Normally it should be left at zero. For example, if the controller reads 33ºF from a probe immersed in well prepared ice bath which is supposed to be 32°F. Set Pb = -1.0 and so the controller should show 32°F. The resolution of Pb is 0.1°F or °C, which enable the user to calibrate the probe reading with high resolution thermometers.

Another suggestion is to loosen and retighten the probe wires to the unit. Some have reported temperature reading problems that this procedure has fixed.

If all else fails contact Auber directly they should be able to help you.

Just a clarification. On your first post it said that when you are boiling you see 82, did you mean 82 or did you mean 182? Because if you are getting 82 the system is set to measure in °C. Please use the above manual to verify if you are seeing °C or °F, then adjust your pB offset to get the value as close as you can for your ice point. If you are still way off call Auber.

Just a clarification. On your first post it said that when you are boiling you see 82, did you mean 82 or did you mean 182? Because if you are getting 82 the system is set to measure in °C. Please use the above manual to verify if you are seeing °C or °F, then adjust your pB offset to get the value as close as you can for your ice point. If you are still way off call Auber.
Sorry for the typo. The water boiled when my EZ boil was reading 182. I also checked the Pb offset and it was set to 0.0. I already sent Auber an email but haven't heard back yet. I'll update what I find out. Thanks

I don't know fi you resolved this yet, but I had an issue where my probe reading suddenly jumped 20-30 degrees and stayed there for the rest of the brew session. I found Auber's instructions for removing the ezboil from the casing to clean the internal contacts. I just reseated it, and my temperature readings are now back to normal.

Here are the instructions. You don't even need to take take Cube apart because you can remove the core from the outside.

Latest posts

Back