Extract Calculation...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr_sanch

Reaction score
This may come off as a little amateur but the recipe I'm about to make calls for 2.3 kg of extract but my HBSS provided me with 3 tubs of 1 kg each...

After dropping in the first two tubs, what would be the best/accurate way to calculate the remaining 0.3 kg from my last 1 kg tub? I don't have a scale... Would be doing it by eye be a major mistake here? :drunk:

I myself would just eyeball out about a third of the container and hope for the best a little short or a little extra extract shouldn't change your numbers to much. I'm an amateur myself so there may be a better way to do it without a scale.

The best way would be to invest in a scale, but doing it by eye should be good enough. An error of 100g would only change the OG by less than 0.002

-a.

If it were me, I'd dump in the whole tub because more malt = higher avb! :D
You can eyeball it, or weigh it out if you have a scale. shouldn't be any problems at all

Back