Extending Beer Lines with Couplers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybox

Reaction score
I bought a kegco kegerator with 5' of 3/16" line. I'm having a bit of trouble dialing it in to proper temperature and pressure without foaming pours.

The first thing I know to try is to increase the length of the line. Since I like my beers cold and highly carbonated, I'd like to go for about 12' of line. However, in my 3-tap tower, there is not a lot of room for tools, and I'm not really looking forward to trying to take it apart, replace the tubing, and reassembling and checking for leaks.

Can I get a coupler to extend the beer lines (something like this?), or will that just introduce a nucleation site and a new possible cause of foam?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm INTERESTED IN KNOWING IF THIS WOULD WORK, TOO! It's cheap enough to experiment with, but I always ended up buying longer serving lines.

I bought a kegco kegerator with 5' of 3/16" line. I'm having a bit of trouble dialing it in to proper temperature and pressure without foaming pours.

The first thing I know to try is to increase the length of the line. Since I like my beers cold and highly carbonated, I'd like to go for about 12' of line. However, in my 3-tap tower, there is not a lot of room for tools, and I'm not really looking forward to trying to take it apart, replace the tubing, and reassembling and checking for leaks.

Can I get a coupler to extend the beer lines (something like this?), or will that just introduce a nucleation site and a new possible cause of foam?

Kegconnection sells stainless couplings. I don't see how this would be any more of a nucleation site than the tubing that goes into your shank. It's basically the same fitting.

I did put couplers on my Kegco 309 and extend the lines. 5ft is fine for certain beverages (Apfelwein), but not so great for others (Stone IPA). I'm getting good pours out of the tap with couplers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back