Extending beer lines - Seeking advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WDT

Reaction score
Is it ok to put a 3/16 to 3/16 splice and run another 5 foot section? Or is it better to do a continuous run of 10 feet?

The reason I ask is I would have to make or purchase another tool to take the tower apart to get to the lines. Extending the lines would also give me an opportunity to put a shut off valve in the line.

Related question, what is the life expectancy of beer line? I have been running the same line for about a year now. While discolored a little it still cleans up pretty good. I clean them out after ever other keg.

No, but it has been done.

A single piece would be more certain to function. If you are not plumbing savvy, I would go with the 1 piece.

Line is cheap enough that I would just do 1 piece. The splice would just provide one more place for anything gross to hide, or a leak to develop. The splice would work, though it might knock some small amount of CO2 out of solution.

If I were to put a splice in, I'd go with the john guest fittings. It would cause less turbulence and you could take it apart and clean the fitting. It would still be cheaper to just replace the lines.

Latest posts

Back