Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My handle "Endovélico" or Endovelicus is a theonym for the main Lusitanian God. I'm portuguese, so, yeah...

Mine stands for Really Good Head, like the beer I brew... No not really they are my initials... Maybe when I upgrade I will change it. No avatar yet, because I am a cheap bastard. I fill so guilty, I think I will poor another beer:mug: I do plan on becoming a lifetime member as soon as the keezer expenses are not seen in SWMBO's rear-view any more. If you feel like donating a membership to this old vet, I would be honored! If not I understand because I am a cheap bastard.:cross:

no avatar ,but my handle is a combo of tho things.When I first whet online I used the name ..justacowboy.(long story). got tired of typing it out so shortened it to the initials.j.a.c. The flylock was the name of a particular double blade switchblade made between 1918 -1929. It's my favorite knife in my collection.

I chose BeehiveBrewer because I'm in Utah and Utah is the Beehive State. The Beehive became the state's emblem in 1959 and symbolizes industry, thrift, and perseverance.

My avatar changes constantly. Currently it is a ski photo on one of the back country tours I took.

5gBrewer... I brew 5g's at a time. It's hard to believe I haven't upped the amount brewed since I started 3 years ago. It's bound to happen though.

5gB

Yammilingus...because with a Yamaha I'll go down on anything- snow, dirt, mud or water. The advatar is of my alter ego Tourette's Guy [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqtr_RvR3sY]YouTube - Tourette's Guy, Best Of[/ame].

I don't have an avatar but my name is ajwillys because of my initials (AJS) combined with Willys, the brand name of the early Jeep's. I used to be REALLY into Jeep's (still am, but not as much) and that's always been my username for every board I've been on.

Mine has been used since first posting anything on the net 10 years ago. I am an electrcian by trade:sparky, and my name is Abe Rodrigue:aber. volia-sparkyaber

My occupation is City Forester. I went to college at University Wisconsin - Stevens Point for Urban Forestry. Oaks are one of my favorite trees. Another handle I go by is Quercus which is the genus for oaks i.e. Bur oak is Quercus macrocarpa.

My bah's called The Cape.

Told it before on this site but... had an apartment out of college with a couple of friends and we had a little bah set up out on our front porch/sun room area. We all worked in snooty investment management firms with people making a bajillion dollars and "summering down on the Cape"... as in Cape Cod.

We could never afford to "summer on the Cape" but as an inside joke we called the bah' "The Cape"... so when people asked, "hey, what are you up to this weekend?", we would always say, "Oh the usual... probably just hanging out relaxing out on the Cape".

It was my stuff so the name came with me. I had a bar in my first house called The Cape and now my bar in my current house is called The Cape...

... hence Cape Brewing

My avatar is usually a funny pic of one of my young sons. The one I have now is our youngest rocking out on his zebra... he's pretty pumped about it and the pic cracks me up every time I see it.

My avatar is usually a funny pic of one of my young sons. The one I have now is our youngest rocking out on his zebra... he's pretty pumped about it and the pic cracks me up every time I see it.

Cape- I have the same zebra for my 9 month old, Ike. He loves that thing and will bounce on it for hours, or until he falls off, he is still working on the balance thing.

I like ska (music style that reggae evolved from) and I live south of the real US/Mexican border (Interstate 40). It's actually a band name I was kicking around while thinking of starting a band, back before the left half of my face fell off.

I'm probably the most politically conservative person in the US today. I call Democrats "communists". Republicans are "liberals". Libertarians are "left-leaning moderates". Hence "paleo-conservative".

Current avatar is from a comedy collection. Moe Fugger is a fictional brewer of 'wirlt famous malt likrah." It will change frequently, I'm sure.

My dad used to call me Stevorino when I was a kid -- loved the nickname ever since.

I listen to the brewing network every morning on the way to work -- the hop grenade is their symbol.

My last name is Gosey and I got the nickname Gosassin in college because of my mad James Bond: Goldeneye (N64) multiplayer skills with the Dostovel handgun on "License to Kill" mode. My avatar is because A) the classic Star Wars is awesome and B) I love the idea of Ackbar as a superhero, warning everybody about traps.

I'm a Firefighter/Paramedic by profession (and it rolls off the tongue better than FireMedicBrewer).

As far as the avatar, it's Spanky Ham from Drawn Together, my favorite character. Loved that show, pissed they canceled it. :mad: And "Truck Trash"...well, look at the last line in my sig. :D

3rd grade I played center in pop warner. Loved the snap count.

Also the same year my dad brings home a 486/66mhz PC with Windows 95 and America Online. Handle made. Never changed. @aol.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, all me baby.

Ah what's in a name? Rubberband comes from my career choice, I work for rubber company. Vulcanized that is, car parts mostly. I started in research and development, testing the properties of parts and my business card listed my position as "Rubber Technician". I guess Rubber Tester would have been better but I got a lot of miles out of it in the local bars.

mmb are my initials and I picked that because Biermann was already taken at the time I signed up.

Avatar is the cheesy logo I put on my labels.

Mine stems from my car habit... errrr addiction. My first muscle car (and current muscle car) was/is a Dodge Challenger with a 440 (RB engine). Since 440Challenger was a common name I went with RBChallenger... Amazes me for some reason that I have never seen another Mopar freak use the same convention (RB Cuda, LACuda, etc etc).

Mine comes from the idea that I am a girl who spends WAY too much time with skeletons as part of my doctoral studies.

When my oldest, now 17, was 10, he started calling me Pappers and it amused me - I don't really know why!

My avatar is Martin Luther, who once said something along the lines that it is better to be thinking about the church while in the alehouse than the alehouse while in the church.

Para OPS in .45ACP is the sidearm I carry. The dive flag avatar represents the fact I'm a rescue/recovery diver.

The name has been my online name since the mid 90's, Laurie is my first name and Gator since I was attending UF at the time (and my last name starts with a G)...

The avatar is from being so good at putting all off except brewing!

I started a Fantasy Football League back in '88. My handle is the Grand Poobah. Now everone call me Poobah. I was born in '58, Thus Poobah58. As for the avatar, I remembered Fred Flintstone going to the Buffalo Lodge meetings where there was a Grand Poobah...

my name shouldn't be too hard for people to understand.

my avatar is the Subaru 'rally pig'. . . basically the japanese equivalent of FHM/Stuff magazine sponsored the (now defunct) subaru world rally team and the pig was their logo and was put on the car. . .got pretty popular in the subaru community.

I'm a blowmould operator

At the last plant I worked we had 5 machines that were The blowmax series

We had three that were Blowmax 10's because they had 10 molds

Also a blowmax 6 and a blowmax 16

7britvic.jpg

Blow molding, also known as blow forming, is a manufacturing process by which hollow plastic parts are formed. It is a process used to produce hollow objects from thermoplastic.

In general, there are three main types of blow molding: extrusion blow molding, injection blow molding, and stretch blow molding.

The blow molding process begins with melting down the plastic and forming it into a parison or preform. The parison is a tube-like piece of plastic with a hole in one end in which compressed air can pass through.

The basic process has two fundamental phases. First, a preform (or parison) of hot plastic resin in a somewhat tubular shape is created. Second, a pressurized gas, usually air, is used to expand the hot preform and press it against a female mold cavity. The pressure is held until the plastic cools. This action identifies another common feature of blow molded articles. Part dimensional detail is better controlled on the outside than on the inside, where material wall thickness can alter the internal shape.[1] Once the plastic has cooled and hardened the mold opens up and the part is ejected.

I like Jimi Hendrix...I had named a brew Spanish Castle Ale years ago...and I needed a name for the forum.

Avatar is obv a carboy with a Jimi Hendrix tee shirt on. I've been meaning to redo that pic...with a little headband on the airlock.:rockin:

My screen name is the name of my store. Can not remember how I came up with the naem, I just wanted a name that home brewers would identify with, and was not location specific. The avatar is a bottle cap that we use on the website that the graphic designer sent to me when the project was just getting started.

Ed

My name is one of many height-related nicknames I've aquired over the years (I'm 6'5"). My avatar is a Southpark version of me that my friend made. A couple years ago, I put together a spectacular costume as Link from the Zelda series. That was the inspiration for my avatar.

redraider is because I am a Texas Tech Alumni and huge Red Raider fan, the 629 is my anniversary date, June 29th.

For my avatar see the explanation for my name.

My name is Obie :) When I first met my old boss he called me "obi wan kenobi" and when I said, "nice. never heard that one before." he decided to call me Juan. Been using it for a screen name ever since. However, if I'd thought about it I might have just used my full first name for a homebrew site, Oberon (have fun).

Back