Excess Pilsen Light LME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpticHops

Trouble'sBrewing
Reaction score
A local brewery was giving away some supplies and I ended up with literally a hundred pounds of Briess Pilsen Light CBW. Any ideas for making diverse beers with this?

I also managed to get a 50lb bag of Maltoferm, which I've read can darken beers, if that helps. Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.

If you find a recipe for a beer you want to make, you could sub the PIlsen LME for the Pilsen or two row grain, then use any specialty grains as steeping grains. That is an over simplification, but it gets the point across. You'll need to use some recipe software to calculate the amounts.

Some of my favorite styles featuring Pilsen malt include: 1) Belgian Golden Strong, 2) Trappist Single, 3) Helles, 4) German Pilsner, 5) International Pale Lager, and 6) Dortmunder Export. But you can use the Pilsner as a base malt instead of two row in any recipe.

Thanks for the help everybody! Does anyone have suggestions for the maltoferm? I have soooo much and just hope it has some use

Back