Everything is better with Bacon...EVERYTHING!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRob90

Reaction score
Hey all,

About the 2nd weekend in March, a good friend and fellow hombrewer of mine are getting together to brew some maple, bacon beer.

We've decided that each of us will start with your basic Porter, then do different things in the secondary and at bottling to give us the flavors we want. He wants to add maple syrup right at the end of the boil and do a trick involving whiskey and bacon grease to add to the secondary along with the bacon in a hop bag.

I want to use this: http://www.coffeeam.com/maple-bacon-flavored-coffee.html?gclid=CMKrhMDMt64CFUcHRQodOGEhpw to give my beer a coffee taste along with the bacon and maple syrup. I'd put it in a hop back in the secondary for 2 weeks and then use maple syrup as priming sugar before bottling. My question to you is:

How do I make my bacon flavor come through more? I think the coffee and maple flavors will out weigh that of the bacon so I'm afraid you won't be able to taste it.

Back