Ever forget to buy an ingredient?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Reaction score
Well at least it wasnt crucial..... Im brewing a light, creamy ale recipe i found online. Calls for 6 lbs Amber DME, and 4 lbs light DME.

HBS was pretty busy yesterday and somehow I only grabbed one 3 lb bag of the Amber DME. I didnt realize it until I was adding it to the boil...

Oh well...guess the abv will be a little lower and the color will be a little lighter.

Kind of funny I thought....8% was going to be a little high anyways. Maybe my light beer drinking friends will like this one.

Tophe96 said:
...8% was going to be a little high anyways. Maybe my light beer drinking friends will like this one.

You may have done the beer a favor.

:mug:

- magno

Yeah, 10lbs of DME sounds like a ton, and definitely not what I would classify as a light anything. Could just be the beer gods watching over you.

I forget the Irish Moss almost everytime, I probly have more Irish moss than the average LHBS

Yeah....forgot to add the Irish moss too....realized that as i was cooling the wort. I was thinking the same thing about how it probably will be a better brew with the less DME. Its 6 hours later and shes fermenting well! bubbling every 5 seconds already.!

I try to brew lower ABV batches. I like drinking beer too much without sleeping my life away.

I'm a bit of a light weight. Though I did plow through an entire corny of 7% Porter in 1 1/2 weeks on my own.

God I loved that beer.

Back