Ever drop a hop pellet into your beer glass?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice.......that's brilliant, why didn't I think of that. I've got some nice Mt. Hood in the freezer that has some crazy aroma I'll drop in this Siarra ESB that will be ridiculous.

I remember hearing about Bert Grant keeping a vial of hop oil with him so that if he was ever in a place where he had to drink something "underhopped" he could give it a bit of a kick.

An idea such as this could catch on and become popular in Beer Houses all over. I like the idea of taking a few hops pellets along to pubs and bars I might frequent.

Haven't tried it yet, but I am a Hop-Head now and I am certain I will love it.

I used to be a Coors Light only drinker for many years, but this forum has gotten me into some great brews and I have not gone back to CL since my first Home Brew.

Salute! :mug:

Sweet. Now I got something to do with that crap my friend left in my fridge last month. I thought I was gonna have to regift it

You might be a homebrewer IF:
You carry hop pellets in your pocket when you go the bars!

I wonder if a cascade pellet dropped in a Bud American Ale would make it actually taste as advertised!

I'll be doing this with a williamette pellet in my SMaSH hopefully next weekend on brew day. Followed by a fuggle in the same beer on my next glass.

Im drinkin a glass a Bee Cave Pale ale with a pelet or two of fuggle. It's deffinetly adding some nice aroma. I have all sorts of odds and ends for hops so I am gona do some R&D glass by glass to see what the best combo is :mug:

I do agree it would be nice if I didn't have the little pieces floating around... but oh well

a cascade pellet in EdWort's haus pale ale. It's a great combo

2 leaf hops even more so... Used the same hops for 4 glasses... the hops would have held up for a few more---- me not so much

dryhop3.JPG

i've always done this on brewdays. drop a pellet of whatever you're brewing with into whatever you're drinking, then pour your next beer right on top. i find it strange that this was such an out-of-the-blue idea for so many of you!

All I have on hand is some old Hallertau Tradition and Warrior hops. I think that shall not dissuade me from trying this as soon as I get home. :rockin:

I want a cut of this: Get a hold of PEZ and have them market a dispenser with about four different Hop Pellets loaded inside. It's a sure thing. You could have either all one kind of Hop Pellets, or assorted like LifeSavers.

I have put in a mt. hood hop pellet in my Guinness clone, and wow! This is fantastic. I'm going to consider hopping up my next batch of Guinness "clone". I cant believe i didn't think of this before.;););)

Thanks for the thread revival, I've never even thought of this. I'm buying a tea ball tonight!

next time i make this iipa i might try throwing a cascade pellet into about a dozen of the bottles and see how they age with it, this was definitely worth it

i dryhopped a batch recently, just dumped in 1.5 oz of hops into a 3 gallon carboy and bottled it after 4 days.
the hop debris kept plugging up my autosiphon and later when drinking, i had to keep spitting out clumps of hops. but it was pretty good. i am going to attempt to rebottle a couple for competition, i doubt judges would appreciate spitting out clumps when judging. next time i'm putting the pellets in a nylon stocking.

Between this and "Hop Vodka" I have successfully used these forums to sovle the problem I have of a full batch of nder-hopped IPA...thanks!

I am just pouring a pint of a very cascadey pale ale I made as I was reading this..def droping an extra pellet in now just to try it :D

Verdict-- Awesome idea! Tastes great!

Back