European gluten free malt suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brujoand

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been searching the interwebs for about 6 months now, trying to find anyone in europe that will sell me gluten free malt. (grains, not syrup)

So far the only one I've found is the Buckwheat malt from Castle Malting, that has no diastatic power.

I've talked to the Colorado Malting Company, Grouse, and now recently rebel malting about shipping from the US but the prices are astronomical for shipping. :/

So, does anybody know of any supplier that will ship to europe?
And if nobody ships malt, what about unhulled millet?

Any tips would be very appreciated.

--
Anders

Hey, dude. Depends where about's in Europe you are. Is it just millet you are looking for? I don't know of any malted GF grains, but I buy grains and malt/roast them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hey, dude. Depends where about's in Europe you are. Is it just millet you are looking for? I don't know of any malted GF grains, but I buy grains and malt/roast them myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in Norway and I can get my hands on buckwheat malt, but that's about it. And I don't really have the time or room to malt my own grains. :/

So what you are saying is there is a great opportunity for a start up in Europe!? Sorry, don't mean to make fun of your plight. Hope you guys find something that works. I feel for you. I only started creating GF beers for myself when I found out I couldn't drink normal stuff and because I don't like being told no. Update this if you find something. You might end up helping others that can't get NA malts.

Back