• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Other European beer crates...Store your homebrew in style!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuelshopMcgee

Reaction score
So I realized just how much I love these things while living in Europe. They are awesome for storing your homebrewed beer and travelling with them. I have several of these and can get access to many more if people have a desire for them. Not trying to make a killing off of these but I do have to pay a deposit on them (and drive to Belgium to pick up the good ones).

Anyways I'm thinking 20 bucks + shipping for these guys. They are pretty light and shouldn't be much to ship.

Let me know if anyone has any interest in these!

If you're particular about a certain brand (german or belgian) I'll see what I can do for you but no promises!

12618383215_1b0cb64b12_b.jpg

12618805124_2e767a2f80_b.jpg

Dumb question: if you're paying a deposit on something and then selling it without returning/buying it, isn't that stealing?

I might be interested if you can ship to the USA and shipping is not too much.
What size bottles are they made for, half-liter?
How much to ship to Zip Code 19805?
Thanks

No..not at all! It's a fee you pay every time you buy the beer to cover the cost of the crate. You're basically buying the crate everytime you buy a rack of beer. Think of it like when you rent a tool from autozone. They charge you the price of the tool as If you're buying it and if you choose to keep it, then it's yours :). I've had some of these crates for 6 years...no polizei here yet!

It's not a contractual obligation when buying these crates to return them in any way. When you bring one back in you just end up exchanging it... I kind of see what you guys are getting at, however this is not a nefarious deal going on here :)

Deposit is like water jugs from bj's wholesale. They charge u a $6 fee but when I bring it back they give me a new full one and I just pay for the water. Like .05 on a soda can. You pay the deposit and when u bring them back u get the money

I leave for the uk soon and just thought some homebrewers might get some use out of these as I did. And to answer a question from above there are different sizes, some fit regular 12 oz bottles some will fit 22 oz bottles. If there is a reference let me know.

I left Ramstein a year ago, I should have brought the 10 of these I had back with me

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

FSM.. let us know the cost of shipping a few. I could get my son to send a few somewhere down the line.. I guess you guys never hooked up on base. He lives about 20 min from base.

FSM where are you? We probably know the same people.

I just saw you're at spang. I know shaeffenkotter pretty well.

Okay so a quote for one of the guys interested came out to $8.70 for priority. These things should outlive all of us (perhaps not as cool as the old antique wooden ones) like this one I have on ebay (sorry for the upside down pic)
But at least they will take a beating.

12618498153_c8f08b0667_b.jpg

I can get it for about 5$ or so in Europe but shipping kills it.
Where did you find 8 $ shipping?

Okay so a quote for one of the guys interested came out to $8.70 for priority. These things should outlive all of us (perhaps not as cool as the old antique wooden ones) like this one I have on ebay (sorry for the upside down pic)
But at least they will take a beating.

12618498153_c8f08b0667_b.jpg

Oh, I want one of these...

I'm interested in 2 of these. I'd like them for 22oz bombers. Can I get a quote to 14068 in the US?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Home Brew mobile app

So dropped by the post office today. These can be shipped w/out a box basically just wrapping them in plastic wrap and slapping a To and From.

B-boy they will end up being $11 a piece for shipping. That is for parcel (4 weeks) Priority will be $15 a piece.

So dropped by the post office today. These can be shipped w/out a box basically just wrapping them in plastic wrap and slapping a To and From.

B-boy they will end up being $11 a piece for shipping. That is for parcel (4 weeks) Priority will be $15 a piece.

Hmm...I really like these and I was looking at building my own. The shipping kinda kills it for me though.

Anyway they could be wrapped as one item to bring down the shipping price, or are they too big for that?

Back