European 240V eBIAB panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vincenzo

Irishbrewer
Reaction score
Hi , can anyone advise me of the changes needed to doug293cz excellent diagram for a simple 550w single element / with pump diagram, so that I can use 3 wire 240V European supply ?

The diagram shows 4 wire mains input and connections to the power switch and element also include Line 1 and Line 2 power supplies , whereas I will only have 1.

I am using a 5500w element from BrewHardware, and An Auber DSPR120 with 40A SSR.

Thank you in advance !

Vince

Sorry I should have included this !

Attachments

• DSPR120 1-Pump Simple.jpg
    DSPR120 1-Pump Simple.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 48
Most of that circuit will remain unchanged. The only difference for 240V single phase is that the black Line 2 is merged with the white Neutral and that the pump circuit needs to be rated for 240V as all.

Socket-wise, the element will draw over 22A , so the standard 16A sockets won't work. You'll have to look at 32A IEC 2P+E sockets for the element and input connections. You can use C13/C14 or C15/C16 for the pump connection.

Use 6mm wire in place of the 10 AWG, it's equivalent, and I'd push the 16 AWG to 2.5mm (14AWG equivalent) and the 20 AWG to 1.5mm if the Auber terminals can take it, it's a lot less fiddly than the .75mm equivalent.

Thanks Bruce,

I have a 32A supply, so should be OK there, and I also have 32A sockets for the element and input.

In regard to your advice that the black Line 2 be merged with the white Neutral, do you mean that I can replace the Line 2 with the Neutral supply from the mains inlet cable, to both the element switch and also the pump switch ? This makes sense ?

Thanks Again Bruce.

Vince

Thanks Bruce,

I have a 32A supply, so should be OK there, and I also have 32A sockets for the element and input.

In regard to your advice that the black Line 2 be merged with the white Neutral, do you mean that I can replace the Line 2 with the Neutral supply from the mains inlet cable, to both the element switch and also the pump switch ? This makes sense ?

Thanks Again Bruce.

Vince
Yes

Brew on :mug:

Back