ESB Hoegaarden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antiprism

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone here tried the "Hoegaarden style ESB beer Pack (3kg)".

Here is a link to the one I am talking about: http://www.esbeer.com.au/category22_1.htm
(Scroll down to the bottom of the page)

I am wondering if anyone thinks this pack is worth a shot. To me it almost seems too easy (just add water + yeast)...but I'm willing to try it seeing as I can't be bothered with all grain recipes and mashing etc. atm.

So, anyone tried this before? Also, any suggestions on possible additional ingredients and types of yeast that could enhance it?

Cheers :rockin:

Looks like a standard pre-hopped no-boil kit. Your results will be as good as they can be for what you're buying. It's not much different than a Mr Beer kit and those results can vary.

For about $10-20 (US at least) you could buy a standard extract kit and have better results. You'd need to get a fermenter and some supplies, but the results would be better. Extract brews use steeping grains, but no actual mashing aside from a boil/cool process. IMO, this is a better option looking back on my own beginnings.

Latest posts

Back