Equipment--What is this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kush

Reaction score
I ordered this kit and was wondering what is this blue thing?

deluxe-beer.jpg

Thanks.

Now where was the fun in that?

We could have made up a dozen alternative uses and freaked him out! ;)

Like.. "It's an aireator, after your have filled your fermenter, but before adding the yeast, push the blue device to the bottom of your wort and wait for it raise back to the top. Doe this at least 3 times to mix more oxygen into your wort for better yeast activation."

Anyone else?

I put carboys in laundry baskets, piled with clothes to keep em stable.

SWMBO just loves when I do that.

That's a really nice starter kit, kush. Northern Brewer deluxe kit maybe? It looks exactly like the one I started with.

It has everything you need to get started except for a kettle. You can use almost any 16 to 20 quart kettle (aluminum or stainless steel, or enameled steel if there are no chips in it) for extract brewing.

You are in for a treat. Be sure to ask plenty of questions when you get started on your first brew. Good luck to you.

billtzk said:
That's a really nice starter kit, kush. Northern Brewer deluxe kit maybe? It looks exactly like the one I started with.

It has everything you need to get started except for a kettle. You can use almost any 16 to 20 quart kettle (aluminum or stainless steel, or enameled steel if there are no chips in it) for extract brewing.

You are in for a treat. Be sure to ask plenty of questions when you get started on your first brew. Good luck to you.

Thanks. Yeah i went ahead and ordered a wort chiller and a ss 7.5 g brew kettle. Also went by the lhbs and got my ingredients for an english brown ale. Cant wait to start. :ban:

kush said:
Thanks. Yeah i went ahead and ordered a wort chiller and a ss 7.5 g brew kettle. Also went by the lhbs and got my ingredients for an english brown ale. Cant wait to start. :ban:

Better start working on some empties too! That is always fun...:mug:

Back